6 months ago
- Drive the company’s overall investment strategy in consultation with the Investment Committee.
- Deliver superior investment returns on client portfolio.
- Support the Marketing Team in selling the Company’s investment products to grow assets under management.
- Lead Product conception, development and implementation.
- Manage a team of investment staff and coordinate with other department heads for smooth functioning of the organization.
- Serve as the overall relationship manager for the Company’s clients.
- Convener of Investment Committee of the management and attend Board Investment Committee; oversee the economic and investment research and report to the Board Investment Committee.
- Responsible for developing portfolios and delivering investment returns exceeding pre-set benchmarks.
- Manage a team of investment professional and research analysts.
- Ensure timely and coordinated implementation of Investment Committee decisions.
- Regularly monitor portfolios under management and recommend any rebalancing strategies to bring them in line with both agreed investment committee strategies and Client current circumstances.
- Report in accordance with AIMR Performance Reporting Standards.
- Uphold and follow the CFA Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct.
- Ensure investment decisions are backed by high quality and appropriate research and analysis, both internal and external.
- Keep abreast of latest developments in international and regional markets and develop appropriate products for launch.
- Manage existing client relationships in order to retain and grow business from company’s clients.
- Support the Business Development team in presentations to potential clients.
- Leverage existing business relationships of the Group to grow company client base.
- Responsible for periodic reporting to clients incorporating economic and market overview, portfolio valuation and performance and strategy for the following quarter.
- Coordinate with other Department heads for ensuring timely and accurate reporting to regulators (CMA/ RBA) as appropriate.
- Making presentations to Client Investment Committees/ Trustees/ Fund secretaries.
- Preparing strategy papers, investment recommendations and reports to the Board, CEO and Investment Committee.
- Actively manage relationships with brokers and other market participants.
- Ensure all documentation regarding investment management are complete and up to date.
- Liaise with Operations to ensure that management fees are paid promptly.
- Portfolio management
- Client relationships
- Business development
- Production of regular investment updates
- BSc. (Mathematics/Statistics/Actuarial Science), BCom. (Accounting/Marketing) or any other similar qualification from a recognized university. An MBA or its equivalent will be an advantage.
- CFA Charter holder or equivalent.
- Knowledge in investment reporting and corporate financial reporting.
- Knowledge of legislation governing Retirement Benefits and institutional and retail investments.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Market Awareness
- Customer Focus
- Continuous Innovation
- Ownership & Commitment
- Team Spirit
- Minimum ten years’ experience in managing investments.
- Experience in managing and leading investment teams
- Track record of delivering superior investment returns
- Experience in managing funds on a global and/or regional basis will be an added advantage.
- Retirement benefits management
- Research and Investments
- Accounting and Report writing
- People management