about 1 month ago
25% of the Fortune 50 trust Samasource to deliver secure, high-quality training data and validation for the technology teams driving humanity forward. From self-driving cars to smart hardware, Samasource fuels AI. Founded over a decade ago, we’re experts in image, video and sensor data annotation and validation for machine learning algorithms in industries including automotive, navigation, AR/VR, biotech, agriculture, manufacturing, and e-commerce. Their staff is driven by a mission to expand opportunity for low-income people through the digital economy, and their social business model has helped lift over 50,000 people out of poverty.
Check them out on the BBC: https://www.samasource.org/bbc-click-feature
Samasource is seeking a seasoned leader with large-scale technology operations experience and an entrepreneurial spirit to manage their East Africa Global Service Delivery operations of ~2000 staff across 3 locations in Kenya and Uganda. The position will be based out of their largest Delivery Center in Nairobi. The AVP is responsible for the daily oversight of Global Service Delivery operations to protect their revenue by delighting and retaining their customers through excellence in service delivery.
The AVP will also be responsible for leading a business transformation effort that focuses on people, process and technology to position Global Service Delivery for significant scale to support the company’s aggressive growth targets.
- Develop high-caliber team by recruiting, selecting, onboarding, training, and coaching employees; effectively communicate job expectations; plan, monitor, appraise, and review direct report performance; plan and review compensation.
- Define strategic focus of the East Africa Delivery Centers, including evolution of work verticals; alignment of training with worker skill levels; maintaining ISO or other certifications; and positioning of the Delivery Centers relative to competitive landscape.
- Monitor and evaluate performance based upon financial, operational, and impact KPIs.
- Be a regular presence on the production floor and actively interact with managers, supervisors and agents to ensure productive engagement and proper functioning of systems.
- Meet Center financial and impact targets by supporting the preparation of annual budgets; forecasting expenditures; taking ownership of variances; and complying with Samasource recruitment and compensation practices.
- Test and refine new operational strategies that support efficiency, scale, and best-in-class business processes and share learnings with key Samasource stakeholders.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in Delivery Center management; actively engaging in and participating in the East Africa ICT community.
- Ensure alignment and execution of agent training with business needs and working with Learning & Development to develop and track worker skill-sets and skill levels in order to execute sales pipeline.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory agency guidelines and standards.
- Host prospect and customer visits and support pre-sales and sales in customer acquisition and growth.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related discipline or equivalent work experience
- 10-15+ years of experience in leadership and management in large-scale BPO or technology operations
- Technologically proficient in order to use technology to communicate effectively and professionally, organize information, produce high quality products, and enhance one's own ability to think and collaborate
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across an enterprise toward mutual success
- Ability to influence, persuade and negotiate
- Capability and flexibility to meet demands and change drivers
- Proven experience of managing an organization and influencing other organizations where their support is critical to success.
- Ability to work across groups managing individuals both directly and indirectly to achieve a common goal.
- A good understanding of the start-up culture, continuous improvement and change management.
- Results oriented, with experience managing budgets
- Strong communication and facilitation skills.
- Proven ability to understand, interpret and identify opportunities from business financials and impact metrics.