2 months ago
Our client is a mid sized Audit firm based in Nairobi. Having started in 1979, it has established itself as a leading boutique firm offering personalized services across a number of consultancy services including: tax, financial management, restructuring, due diligence, forensic investigations, mergers & acquisitions, internal audit, etc. The Firm currently has 200 clients diversified in several industries including: tourism, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, insurance (both company and brokerage), micro-lending, software development, construction, professional services, real estate,
agriculture, financial investments, transportation and FMCG (amongst others).
The company’s scope for expanding their services has increased tremendously given recent partnerships with other financial advisory and legal firms. They have also established an affiliation with a well recognized Corporate Finance and M&A Advisory Firm with an established stock broking business. The Firm is currently growing in both client and staff base and are intending on possibly opening a second branch in Mombasa, and possibly another branch regionally within the next 2-3 years. By August of 2018 the firm will be shifting into larger and newer offices in order to accommodate the anticipated growth.
To support this growth, our client is seeking an experienced Audit Partner with an entrepreneurial mindset to join their fast growing firm. This person would help lead and manage the firm’s growth, identify and seize new business opportunities, supervise staff and work closely with other Partners and clients.
1. Provide leadership through leadership by example; exhibiting integrity, energy, enthusiasm, dedication and commitment. This would require frequent communication with the team by keeping them informed of the Firm’s vision and current events.
2. Act as the public speaker and senior most public relations representative of the Firm.
3. Assume full accountability to the Partners for all the Firm’s operations.
4. Prepare and deliver the approved financial business plans of the business and execute all strategic plans and financial goals for the Firm each year.
5. Communicate and maintain trust relationships with the Partners, the Affiliates, business partners and regulatory authorities.
6. Build an effective management team ensuring minimal staff turnover at senior management levels.
7. Manage operational issues within the Firm and be the custodian of all operating and supply agreements.
8. Understand and manage the Firm’s finances in accordance with laid out business plans and forecast. This duty will require monitoring certain key performance indicators, some on a daily and some on a monthly basis.
9. Recruitment and retention whilst ensuring that at all times the Firm hires and retains the best people available.
10. Delegate responsibilities, supervise work and provide guidance and motivation to drive maximum performance by every employee.
11. Deal with and manage employee issues effectively without causing damage to the Firm and ensure that issues relating to conflict and performance are addressed promptly and effectively.
12. Provide effective coaching and mentoring for all levels of staff within the Firm.
13. Create and manage effective staff evaluation criteria and systems in the Firm.
14. Ensure the Firm deals effectively with risk management and has policies and procedures in place that will mitigate the risks facing the Firm. The said policy documents will be signed off by all Partners and must be strictly adhered to.
15. Be a catalyst for growth and expansion of the Firm by taking the lead and being responsible in developing client solutions and ensuring the Firm delivers value-added solutions.
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
• A qualified CPA with a valid practicing certificate.
• Minimum 10 years working experience in a similar environment, with at least 4 years
experience at a Senior Management level.
• Minimum 6 years working on files for SMEs
• Should be conversant with International Auditing Standards (IAS) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
• Should have strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to develop a trusting relationship with both clients and internal team members.
• Should have an eye for detail, as well as excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Should have an aptitude for math and should be able to solve complex auditing issues in a timely manner.
• Should be able to maintain and update the financial records, data and information by
making use of technology. Experience with Caseware or other audit software is an added advantage.
• Should be comfortable working under pressure for long hours in a target driven