4 months ago
First Brick Holdings (“FBH”) is a Roha Group portfolio company investing in and building state-of-the-art Tier III data centers across Eastern and Southern Africa. Through their investments and hands-on approach, they seek to address the latent demand for critical data center infrastructure that will drive digital transformation across the region. FBH has made its first investment in Uganda by establishing and developing Raxio Data Centre (“Raxio”), a state-of-the-art facility on the outskirts of Kampala. As they ramp up their operations, they are hiring staff members who are interested in building a successful business in an exciting time. As part of this entrepreneurial and dynamic team, they are looking to hire a Business Analyst. This role will report to the Executive Director.
- Analyse and evaluate the further rollout of data centers across the Eastern and Southern African region
- Drive detailed primary and secondary market analysis of target markets
- Build financial and returns model
- Evaluate technologies and suppliers
- Understand and assess impact of regulatory environment in target markets
- Generally support the First Brick Holding and Roha Group investment teams in developing and executing the data center investment opportunities
- Analyse and evaluate other related opportunities as decided by the First Brick Holdings and Roha Group investment teams
- Prepare and participate in interim evaluations and go/no-go decisions
- Support discussions with potential investors, lenders and strategic partners
- Primarily based out of Nairobi and will require frequent travel around the region
Required / Desired Qualifications and Background
- Minimum BA/BSc degree, preferably an advanced degree, in economics, finance, marketing or a related field, with very strong analytical skills and a solid financial modelling background.
- Minimum two, preferably four to six years’ experience as a business analyst or project manager, in research, planning, and execution for a larger, complex, data center, financial services or industrial companies.
- A demonstrated ability to manage and coordinate complex projects with multiple stakeholders
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of business intelligence (BI), data analytics; and Microsoft Office tools.
- Excellent communicator, both oral and written, and experience preparing presentations and reports.
- Working knowledge of project planning/management tools.
- Willing and able to handle routine activities and play an instrumental role in establishing new companies across the region.
- Self-starter with a pro-active can-do mentality, a team worker, with a disciplined work ethos who is focused, organized and result oriented