about 1 year ago
- Rural consumers order and collect their goods through Agents located close to them;
- Urban/Diaspora consumers buy for their rural relatives and have them delivered to the closest Agent;
- Organizations such as farms, SACCO’s and MFI’s streamline shopping for their members and workers.
They are looking for an outstanding Business Manager who will own and exponentially grow one of their most exciting strategic initiatives – an online shopping site that allows urban/diaspora consumers to order for their relatives and have it delivered all the way to the village. You will also be responsible for driving digital growth amongst their Agents and existing rural customers.
You will own, launch and grow – really fast - Copia’s online sales channel. They believe this channel has the ability to drive a significant percentage of their revenue within a short period of time and you will be fully accountable for making this happen. Reporting to the Chief Growth Officer and working closely with the VP Marketing and Digital Marketing Specialist you will have considerable autonomy to create an entirely new business and customer segment for Copia. Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Accountable for revenue targets and other KPI’s related to the online sales channel
- Continually engage with customers in order to fully understand the value provided and pain points and use this to drive sales forward.
- Create an appropriate merchandising strategy by identifying the right products for this new sales channel and work with procurement to ensure effective supply of these products.
- Hands-on process management. If there are failures in the fulfillment of Copia Online orders, you will work with Procurement, Warehousing, Logistics, Technology and Customer Care to identify the root causes of those failures and implement new processes to ensure they do not repeat.
- Develop strategy for features such as Delivery Fees and other potential features such as Repeat Orders and recommend how to maximize revenue while maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Keep abreast of the latest online payment methodologies and ensure Copia implements those most appropriate for urban and diaspora customers
- Develop partnerships as required
- Work with the Analytics team to create appropriate dashboards for Copia Online metrics reporting
- Work closely with the VP of Marketing to develop a comprehensive marketing strategy (launch and ongoing – including Referral campaigns) for this channel.
- Work closely with the Digital Marketing Specialist and other marketing resources to effectively execute on this strategy
- Develop and execute other sales strategies that will drive customer awareness, trial purchase and repeat purchase.
- Expand into the diaspora market at an appropriate time
- Ensure continual testing of the site to ensure all features are working properly
- Develop and prioritize the product roadmap and work closely with the tech team to implement on-time.
- Work with Tech team to make any needed adjustments to optimize Customer experience and sales (e.g. UI/UX)
- Determine when to develop an App and be the lead business owner for this process
- Work with the sales teams to drive use of the E-Catalogue across their Agents
- You have previously launched/managed a new-to-market consumer facing website in Nairobi and can articulately describe what went well, what didn’t and what you would do differently.
- You have 10+ years of broad management experience in a business context. You have worked across multiple functions but have a strong background in sales/marketing and/or product management.
- Ideally you have experience in a high-growth e-commerce company
- The customer experience is at the core of what you care about and you know how to work with tech and other teams to make this a reality online and offline.
- You know how to make things happen – fast! Hustle is in your blood and so is passion.
- You have worked in start-up and scale-up environments and know what that means about how you operate.
- You know how to bring together a disparate team of people (who don’t report to you) and get them all working together to deliver results on-time
- You thrive on accountability and delivering results and you are most effective without significant direction.
- You are analytical, data driven and systematic in your approach to work with excellent attention to detail.
- You think this is incredibly exciting and can’t wait to get started!