3 months ago
To maintain the company’s position as a long-standing e-commerce leader, our client is seeking a Chief Commercial Officer to drive commercial success of the company and shape its strategic plan for growth. As part of the Kenya Executive Committee, the CCO owns the topline of the country’s P&L and is responsible for creating and executing the company’s business plan while managing day to day performance execution.
The CCO oversees 4 teams, namely Key Account Management, Commercial Planning, Cross Border e-commerce and Vendor Success (their long tail of marketplace vendors).
- Delivering the topline of the business (GMV + revenue), in line or ahead of targets.
- Develop strategic and tactical direction for all commercial functions including Key Account Management, Commercial Planning, Cross Border e-commerce and Vendor Success.
- Responsible for the structure, competence and efficiency of the Commercial organization.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams including Marketing, Legal, Finance, Operations, Logistics etc. to ensure outstanding customer and seller experience.
- Deliver successful roll-out of commercial events.
- Develop strategic partnerships with C-level executives of key brands and sellers; owning the partner relationship end to end, from initial scoping to negotiation and execution.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- A minimum of 8+ years’ experience in consulting / banking or senior commercial leadership roles in e commerce/FMCG/or Retail, with demonstrated management of large teams.
- Proven success in sales & delivering growth.
- High growth/emerging market/start-up experience is an additional advantage.
- Top-tier business/engineering school Graduate/MBA.
- Strong project management, analytical and prioritization skills.