7 months ago
Our client, a fast-growing FMCG company, is looking for a Chief Executive Officer to be based in Nairobi.
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) will be responsible for overall leadership and management of the organisation.
- Planning, directing and coordinating the general functioning of the organisation
- Reviewing the operations and results of the organisation and reporting to the boards of directors and governing bodies as and when required
- Determining objectives, strategies, policies and programmes for the organisation
- Providing overall leadership and management to the organisation
- Establishing and managing budgets, controlling expenditure and ensuring the efficient use of resources
- Authorising material, human and financial resources to implement organisational policies and programmes
- Monitoring and evaluating performance of the organisation against established objectives and policies
- Consulting with subordinate managers and reviewing recommendations and reports
- Representing the organisation at official occasions and board meetings, in negotiations and at conventions, seminars, public hearings and forums
- Selecting or approving the selection of senior staff
- Ensuring the organisation complies with the relevant legislation and regulations
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Awareness of the inputs, activities and outputs related to the job.
- Strategic planning
- Complex problem resolution and management skills
- Ability to keep self updated on the professional and technical developments in the area of work.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- High level of interpersonal skills and integrity
- Good team player
- Creative, forward thinker, always on the lookout for improvements
- Optimum use of human resources and materials, avoiding waste
- Ability to supervise the work of subordinate managers, motivate and coach
- Multitasking capability
- Ability to plan, prioritise, organise the allotted jobs
- Ability to cope with time pressure and stress
- Honesty, Integrity
- Maintain confidentiality
Desired Skills & Experience
- MBA with sales and marketing specialisation or equivalent.
- Minimum 15 years in senior management preferably in Sales and Marketing Functions in the FMCG sector out of which minimum five years should have been in capacity as MD or GM.
- Languages: Proficient in English.
- Knowledge of ISO QMS, FSMS, EMS, OHSAS.
- Computer literate