about 1 year ago
A fast growing retail chain of supermarkets supported by a pan-African private equity firm.
The CFO is responsible for developing and implementing the company’s finance strategy, policies and processes. S/he will lead the finance team, support fundraising, conduct financial analysis, manage external relations and provide accurate, timely dashboards to all stakeholders. The CFO will develop and manage the company budget and ensure that the financial risk management policies align with the company strategy.
- Assist in formulating the company's growth strategy and supporting related tactical initiatives
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
- Develop financial and tax strategies
- Build and present the 5-year business model and annual budget
- Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction and financial objectives
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
- Advise members of the management team on commercial matters with suppliers and customers
- Manage and motivate the Finance team
- Oversee the financial operations of the retail branches and stores
- Oversee the company's transaction processing systems including oversight of daily banking reconciliation in a retail environment
- Implement operational best practices and internal controls
- Design dash boards that meet the needs of stakeholders
- Produce timely and accurate financial reports
- Oversee the issuance of financial information and annual audit
- Present financial results to the executive team and the supervisory board on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
- Manage working capital
Partnerships & External Relationships
- Maintain relationships with local and international lenders
- Represent the company with investment advisers and investors
- Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met
Requirements & Skills
- CA or CIMA or CPA or MBA qualification
- Minimum 12 years of experience in Finance working for a major company or division of a large corporation. Previous experience in a CFO role is preferred.
- Hands-on executive with strong communication skills.
- Experience with implementation of ERP systems in retail environments is a plus.
- Experience in the retail industry will be an added advantage.