almost 2 years ago
Mammoth Group’s primary business comprises of the manufacture of polyurethane foam and the processing of foam into mattresses. The Group has a presence in 3 East African countries, with each country operating its own manufacturing facility. The Group is one of the leading businesses in the East African industry with revenues in excess of $40 million, as it is backed by Private Equity investors.
Mammoth is looking for a senior executive to join the management team in the role of Chief Financial Officer, taking lead responsibility for all financial and management accounts, treasury, tax, financial risk management and control functions, and budgeting and investor reporting. In addition, the CFO will be tasked with developing strategies for financial and tax efficiency as Mammoth expands across multiple markets over the next 3 to 5 years.
The candidate will assume one of the most senior roles within the company, with responsibility for preserving the assets of the company, providing accurate information to stakeholders, and informing the future strategy of the company.
- To take overall lead of Mammoth’s financial functions; with authority over treasury, tax, statutory and management accounting, financial controls, and internal and external reporting.
- To ensure that Mammoth is properly capitalized to finance its aggressive growth plans.
- To provide timely and relevant information to the executive team and board, to assist with major strategic decisions; Responsible for the design and implementation of a management accounting framework appropriate for where the business is today, and where the business is going in the next 5 years. This should provide management with top-notch data for making strategic decisions, in which the CFO will participate. Guide the company to appropriately choose strategic investments, based on their risk/return profile.
- Establish and direct the Treasury function of the organization, ensuring the availability of affordable funds to run company operations.
- Lead the role out of SAP across the organization.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce financial policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the organization. to lead, supervise, coach and mentor the staff in the finance department, and build a highly skilled and motivated team to deliver the finance department’s performance targets; Build the team today, which will manage the finances of the company when it is $100m + in revenue and beyond.
- Ensure the timely and accurate analysis and reporting of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the CEO and the Board executives in performing their responsibilities.
- Interfaces: the CFO will play a key role in shaping the overall strategy of the business working closely with company founders and the executive team. Reporting to the CEO, he/she will need to establish strong working practices with other company departments including software platform, product management, data analytics, sales, and customer service.
- Minimum requirement is a degree in Finance or Accounting, or similar.
- A post-graduate degree in Business (MBA), Economics, or Finance is a plus.
- CPA or equivalent.
- At least 10 years experience leading the finance function of a $50 million plus revenue company – preferably a manufacturing business.
- Ideally experienced in dealing with subsidiaries in multiple countries, and at least some public company experience.
- Hands on experience in financial planning, strategy development, financial forecasting, cash flow management and developing organizational budgets.
- Strong knowledge of IFRS and good working knowledge and experience with SAP or equivalent ERP system.
- The candidate will have strong experience leading teams and will have direct supervisory responsibility of Country Finance Managers, SAP implementation team, and Group Procurement Team.
Knowledge / Skills:
- Strong communication and technical abilities.
- Hands-on team leadership.
- Ability to get into detail when required as well as strategize.
- Ability to flexibly work with other teams, and develop a good understanding of the competencies and challenges of other teams within the Group.
- Ability to take charge of situations and work quickly and constructively in resolving problems.
- Written and verbal fluency in English is essential; fluency in Swahili would be useful. Experience living in Africa is preferred.
Location: Nairobi, with occasional travel to Europe and Asia, and regular travel in East Africa.