Watu Credit Limited is a dynamic and fast-growing non-bank finance company that harnesses technology to offer both secured and unsecured lending, primarily via mobile services. They aim to become the leading East African provider of a broad set of inclusive financial products, delivered through technology in a fast, efficient and professional manner.
WatuCredit offers asset financing (motorcycles and three-wheelers) and group lending products (short-term and business loans). The company is currently expanding with branches opened in Nairobi, Malindi, Nakuru, Mombasa (Town), Eldoret, Kitale, Bungoma, Kakamega, Kisii and Kisumu. Watu Credit Limited prides itself in offering fully cash-less services for loan disbursement and collection as well as 24-hour access for clients to their account balances.
They commenced their business operations in July 2015 with the clear vision to be the best in class provider for short and medium-term loan products tailored to the specific needs of their target clients and delivered through mobile technology. WatuCredit is headquartered in Mombasa, Kenya, where this role will be based.
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) will oversee the organization’s ongoing operations and procedures. As a key member of the senior management team, the COO will report to the Managing Director and establish policies that promote company culture and vision through its operations. S/he will be responsible for the efficiency of the business, which includes maintaining control of diverse business operations and establishing and following a set of policies and processes.
By setting comprehensive goals for performance and growth, the COO leads employees and encourages maximum performance and dedication. The COO role is a high-visibility position, requiring strong communication skills and the ability to maintain the highest level of integrity.
The COO will focus on a full range of supervisory and monitoring functions including the;
- Coordination of jobs of various departments.
- Evaluation of reports.
- Identification of “red areas” within the business.
- Finding and implementation of the “right” solutions.
Further to this, the COO will also be tasked to;
- Measure effectiveness and efficiency of operational processes both internally and externally and find ways to improve processes.
- Develop and implement growth strategies.
- Oversee daily operations and making adjustments as necessary.
- Identify new commercial opportunities.
- Build management capacity, identification of gaps and recruiting senior management capacity.
- Develop and drive performance measures using dashboards of high-level key indicators.
- Ensure smooth collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Design and lead the implementation of improvements to strategy, policies and procedures.
- Direct the preparation of short-term and long-range plans and budgets based on broad organizational goals and growth objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; an MBA is preferred
- Previous experience in a senior management/operational role within a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Track record of managing and growing teams, establishing systems and KPIs, and driving both revenue and profitability.
- Strong entrepreneurial streak, innovative, and hands-on.
- Strong analytical and communication skills, combined with the ability to rapidly adapt to change in a dynamic business environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to gain respect and trust of team members at all levels.
- Ability to share the company’s vision of exponential growth and add value.