10 months ago
GET IT is transforming food procurement and distribution in East Africa by connecting frontier-market farmers, producers, and manufactures to formal markets. Combining off-grid cold storage technology and ISO-22000 food safety certification, GET IT is bringing East Africa's food supply chain into the 21st century. They are the first produce and broad line food service distributor among East, West, and Central Africa to receive the ISO 22000 certification.
GET IT is a rapidly growing company and now one of the largest suppliers of food in Rwanda. With the model achieved, they’re now looking for the right co-founder to formalize their systems to scale throughout the region.
GET IT seeks a highly experienced operations and supply chain professional to grow their operations throughout East Africa. This means both building their Rwanda-based footprint, including satellite fulfillment centers throughout the country, as well as replicating the model in Rwanda into Uganda, Kenya, DRC, and Tanzania. Concurrently, GET IT will be exporting throughout Africa, the Middle East, and Europe.
As a GET IT’s Chief Operating Officer (COO), you are responsible for managing the full breadth of GET IT’s operations. As the leader of their Senior Management Team, you will:
- Oversee all supply chain operations. This includes managing their Head of Supply and the supply chain team to ensure their full range of products is in stock and delivered on time.
- Manage all logistics. This includes managing the Head of Stock Control and Logistics to ensure fulfillment and delivery is consistent across their warehouses and delivery.
- Drive operational growth. This includes building and managing the operations in new territories and countries.
- Manage HR & Hiring. This includes managing the Head of HR and leading the company to build a high quality team through rapid growth.
- Oversee the Food Safety and Compliance team. This includes managing the Head of Food Safety and Head of Process and Compliance. You’re responsible to maintain their ISO 22000 certification and lead on obtaining new certifications.
- Manage their farm team and ensure strong production capacity.
- Manage development of new products, including meat and dairy production and distribution.
- Ensure strong financial controls and profitability.
GET IT’s COO is someone who gains energy working in a fast moving, quickly growing company. They’re looking for someone with a depth of experience in operating a complex supply chain infrastructure; someone who is driven by the long-term mission and vision of the organization. The compensation package will reflect this, and is largely comprised of a performance-based bonus structure and generous equity options.
- Strong familiarization with the constraints and approaches to working with African context.
- Highly honed management experience of large teams; thrives managing and developing a team.
- Experience in building distribution systems from the ground-up, in frontier markets.
- Skilled in building deep mentor relationships with direct reports.
- Deep experience in managing supplier relationships, contracts, and terms.
- Experience working with global manufacturing brands.
- Managed diverse local and import networks.
- Managed export and/or multi-country distribution.
- Managed multiple warehouses and/or warehouse networks.
- Deep experience in finance management and controls.
- Experience in growth management.
- Fluent in English.
- Experience managing supply for companies that sell FMCG and/ or farm products preferred.
- Experience in the hospitality and/or food service sector.
- Six Sigma certification or equivalent.
- Master’s in supply chain management or equivalent.
- Experience in import/export of highly perishable products.
- Experience in frontier markets, preference for Africa.
- Experience in managing product portfolio of over 5,000 SKUs.
- Worked with perishable foods, with preferences toward fruits and vegetables, meat, dairy, seafood.
- Deep knowledge of food safety and certifications (HACCP, ISO, etc).
- Fluent in French and/or Kiswahili.