Nairobi , Kenya
16 days ago
African Cotton has been manufacturing, supplying and distributing hygiene products in East Africa for over 50 years. Formed in 1960, the company has grown into an organization with operations in Nairobi and Mombasa, running several manufacturing and production lines, and employing over 500 staff.
From a newborn baby using their innovative umbilical cord care diaper to the schoolgirl not missing school thanks to their low cost sanitary pad, their products signify quality, value and innovation.
The business has recently undergone a transformation through Stanford University’s Seed Programme, and with an aggressive business plan looking at building brands supported by a strong sales and distribution infrastructure, the organization is looking for an experienced Commercial Director to lead the growth activities and commercial opportunities going forward.
An excellent Commercial Director will have an entrepreneurial mindset and great leadership skills. The ideal candidate will also be a creative strategist with excellent organizational abilities.
- Develop and implement commercial strategies according to company goals and objectives aiming to accelerate growth
- Conduct market research and analysis to create detailed business plans on commercial opportunities (regional expansion, brand re-launches, new product development, route to market revisions, alternative channel development etc.)
- Understand the requirements of existing customers to ensure their needs are being met
- Act to acquire new customers and manage client relationships (new and existing)
- Collaborate with and coordinate diverse teams (marketing, sales, customer service etc.)
- Build and maintain profitable partnerships with key stakeholders
- Monitor performance of commercial activities using key metrics and prepare reports for executive and board
- Assist in setting financial targets and budget development and monitoring
- Proven experience in sales and/or marketing and managing relationships with key clients
- In-depth understanding of market research methods and analysis
- Solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial/budgeting processes
- Commercial awareness partnered with a strategic mindset
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- BSc/BA in business administration, finance or relevant field; MSc/MA is a plus
- Ability to work flexibly in an early stage environment
- Grit and ability to deliver high quality work within tight timelines
- Positivity in abundance
- Ability to work with a remote team