6 months ago
Fenix International is a technology company whose mission is to transform their customers’ quality of life through disruptive innovation in energy and financial services. Their flagship product, ReadyPay Solar, is an expandable, lease-to-own solar home system financed through affordable installments from just $0.19 per day. They use real-time transaction data to create a next-generation credit score to finance power upgrades and other life-changing loans.
In 2017, Fenix announced that it was joining forces with ENGIE, one of the largest energy companies in the world. Fenix will operate as an independent company within the ENGIE group. Together, Fenix and ENGIE plan to bring life-changing energy and financial services to millions of off-grid customers across Africa in the next 5 years.
Internal & External Communications
- Take lead in identifying, developing and rolling out communications initiatives to better engage, inform, and inspire employees globally.
- Create and execute PR plans and materials including relationship management of PR agency.
- Manage journalists and production companies enquiries, interview requests and field visits.
- Manage social media channels for Fenix and create guidelines and best practices for Fenix countries.
- Manage the suite of Fenix media assets, including imagery, raw video footage and other documents.
- Coordinate with ENGIE on corporate communications initiatives featuring Fenix, such as conferences, events, annual reports, newsletters etc.
- Support large-scale internal communications projects such as newsletters, events and other initiatives.
- Be an active advocate for the Fenix culture across all Fenix markets to inspire commitment to their values and ensure they all work as a “Fenix Family”.
Brand Management and additional communication support
- Play a key role in the communication of Fenix brand, ensuring the vision, look, and feel of Fenix is maintained in all written and visual material.
- Provide best practices to Fenix countries on communications strategy and execution. When necessary, step in to support local Country Managing Directors and Country Leads with communication support, especially in the event of a crisis.
- Support crisis communications and media issues to protect the Fenix brand and minimise any possible impact on company reputation.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- Minimum experience of 3 years in communications or public relations, ideally at a start-up or PR firm.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Business Management, Government, Journalism, English, or related field.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and visual communications skills; should be able to write in the voice of others.
- Highly innovative and collaborative, with excellent interpersonal and influencing skills; excited to collaborate with individuals ranging from their CEO to their rural customers.
- Experience developing internal communications strategies, channels, and events.
- Familiarity and experience managing social media channels.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently.
- Excellent project management skills paired with great attention to detail.
- Passion for Fenix’s mission, customers across Africa.
Additional nice to have: French speaking.
Alongside your CV please submit at least one writing sample. You can submit something you think reflects your voice, or submit multiple samples to demonstrate your range of writing audiences and tones. It’s up to you! But please give us at least one.