about 1 year ago
Azuri Technologies Ltd, a UK based company, has been operating in East Africa for the past four years. Azuri is delivering a revolutionary PayGo solar power technology and business model to off-grid emerging markets, enabling users to benefit from clean renewable energy and simultaneously reduce their energy spend. They present an innovative and commercially viable solution that represents an exciting new route to market in rural Africa. After having sold over 100,000 systems in the continent, the company is in expansion phase in the region, introducing new products such as PayGo solar TV packages with receiver equipment and content and piloting in the solar irrigation space.
Subsequent to establishing a Regional office in Nairobi, Kenya, Azuri are in the process of growing their business in Tanzania, building on the existing partnership with a key distributor and resource.
Reporting to the General Manager East Africa, the Country Manager Tanzania will have some P&L delivery targets and drive the growth of Azuri’s products via a variety of models, including working with their existing partner for financing/distribution as well as in parallel executing on external financing opportunities. The Manager should be able to optimize the ecosystem for financing, distribution management and last mile delivery. This role will be based in Dar Es Salaam with frequent travel in country.
- Partner Management
- Develop and sustain a strong relationship with Azuri’s local financing/distribution partner, including supporting them in stock rollout as well as growing business with them.
- Resource Management
- Build and manage a strong country team consisting of Regional Managers responsible for driving the performance of commission based sales agents.
- Implement a KPI based reward system.
- Supervise Azuri’s Partner Resource for call centre and logistics management.
- Drive training programmes as necessary.
- Distribution Management
- Implement cost efficient sales and marketing strategies to grow revenues in Tanzania, taking into account competitor pricing.
- Expansion of Regions
- As well as optimised resource and sales growth in existing regions, put in place a concrete plan for expansion into other regions in line with the financing available.
- New Products
- Drive partnerships with the necessary ecosystem players to introduce new products in the market and execute other partnerships put in place by the Regional office.
- Assist in executing on the financing options for the product including with the existing partner, Azuri Direct and external financiers.
- Find grant funding opportunities and put in place necessary applications.
- Drive on ground Due Diligence with potential financiers.
- University Degree qualification; MBA would be an advantage.
- 10+ years work experience in sales/marketing, programme/project management.
- Energetic and dynamic individual who is able to think strategically, yet be hands-on.
- Keen desire to make a difference to off-grid households in Africa.
- Knowledge of Tanzanian local market an advantage.
- Target driven, self motivated and good with numbers.
- Well organized, attention to detail, leader and motivator.
- Good at relationship management.