I&M Bank is a wholly owned subsidiary of I&M Holdings Limited, a publicly quoted company at the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE). The bank possesses a rich heritage in banking. Started in 1974, it evolved from a community financial institution to a publicly listed major regional commercial bank offering a full range of corporate and retail banking services. From June 2013, I&M Bank shares were publicly traded in the Nairobi Stock Exchange through the acquisition of its entire shareholding by I&M Holdings Ltd, a publicly listed company.
I&M Bank is a dominant player in the Kenyan market that has been consistently growing, and is innovative in terms of the type and range of products and services it offers. I&M Bank’s international correspondent banks include major multinational banks such as Bank One Ltd, Citibank NA, CommerzBank AG, Deutsche Bank AG, ICICI Limited Mumbai, Mashreq Bank PLC, Standard Bank of South Africa and Standard Chartered Bank NY. I&M Bank’s international network includes Bank One Limited (Mauritius), I&M Bank Tanzania Limited and I&M Bank Rwanda Limited.
As part of the I&M transformation journey under its digital strategy, the Bank is looking to set up a Digital factory as an initiative that will drive its digital strategy which aims to deliver best-in-class digital products and solutions. The vision seeks to fully transform I&M digitally delivering significant efficiency and creating opportunities for increased revenue from advanced analytics, automation and connectivity.
The factory will be expected to deliver solutions that are customer centric in design and that will radically simplify business requirements and scale fast to full utilization using a clean sheet approach to deliver the desired value.
I&M Bank is seeking a Digital Manager who will be responsible for building a digital unit that will lead the cultural and technical transformation of the bank. This will entail:
- Designing and delivering customer journeys to improve the customer and business experience.
- Customer attraction through the digital platform and creating opportunities to increase revenues.
- Working in liaison with Heads of Department to transfer skills into the broader organization.
The role will report to the General Manager Strategy and Transformation and will be responsible for:
- Guaranteeing consistent delivery across all digital solutions developed to ensure high quality customer experience.
- Ensuring all digital projects have clearly defined metrics to evaluate success and continuous measurable improvement.
- Working closely with management to identify and prioritize potential digital projects.
- Serving as a thought leader and trusted partner to the CEO and other heads as well as helping them transfer agile digital ways of working with their respective teams.
- Keeping track of key developments in the digital space across all industries and continually identifying new ideas, tools and trends that could provide opportunities for new developments.
- Identifying potential digital startups and companies in the market for partnerships with digital unit.
Innovation & Knowledge
- Budgeting for and enabling teams to experiment and build concepts and projects to generate product ideas.
- Lead teams by example and create knowledge repositories and external publications for innovative and success stories from the organisation.
The ideal candidate should have/be:
- A good academic background and deep experience in digital solutions or digital marketing in a B2C company.
- Experience developing and implementing digital strategy in an Agile approach.
- Successfully demonstrated analytical and conceptual knowledge and a highly efficient and structured work method.
- Entrepreneurial with a track record of thinking differently.
- Dynamic, mature and highly collaborative.
- Good networks within the local and global digital community by participating/speaking in meet-ups, conferences, Hackathons & similar other external digital events.
To be successful in this role, the person will have to demonstrate a successful track record against the following competencies:
- Building a coherent digital strategy and successfully delivering a pipeline of value-creating innovation.
- Strong technological knowledge, covering API architecture, next generation computing and big data analytics.
- Experience in working with various departments within the organization to develop internal projects to optimize productivity or process using data.
- Ability to coach product owners to develop new creative concepts and then take them from discovery phase through to delivery.
- Ability to coach product owners and squad teams to think as a customer, to anticipate new customer needs and to further develop the range of ?services to the mutual benefit of both parties.
- Experience in the use of analytics tools to generate customer insights.
- Ability to translate needs into digital strategies and successfully implement and optimize them.
- Ability to anticipate changing client organization needs, including the expectations of partners.
- High level of personal maturity and natural influence.
- Good standing and assertiveness, with an excellent teamwork attitude; Proven ability to influence and coordinate teams beyond his/her own department.
- Experience in building and managing successful teams that work well together, particularly cross-functionally.
- Proven determination, ability to show persuasiveness and leadership in difficult situations.
- Ability to deal with quick decision making processes in complex organizations.
- Strong communication skills in dealing with leadership, key clients, business partners and teams.
- Independent, trustworthy and charismatic with absolute integrity.
- Good measure of creativity, social competence and ability to work on a team.
- Entrepreneurial with proactive management skills and a "can do attitude.”
- High energy levels, stress resistance and cultural openness will be highly valued.