7 months ago
Despite numerous challenges and uncertainties, Sub-Saharan Africa has become one of the fastest growing regions in the world. On the one hand, Africa’s economic improvement has created vast potential for increase in purchasing power and associated consumption. On the other hand, the need to continue boosting productivity remains to be a critical topic for Africa to eliminate poverty and further enhance people’s livelihood.
According to the World Bank, 900 million people in China have lifted themselves out of extreme poverty over the past 40 years. Throughout the process, many promising private enterprises have emerged and together formed a strong design and manufacturing base, ready to serve the global market. It’s a glaring opportunity to leverage China’s experience and capability to address Africa’s social and economic challenges in a cost-effective fashion.
With Shell Foundation’s support, China Impact Venture was founded to link China’s design, manufacturing and supply chain capabilities to provide innovative and Africa market specific products that enable African people to become more productive for a better living. CIV initially focuses on energy, transportation and agriculture sectors with products that have massive market potential and significant social impact.
CIV was founded by serial entrepreneurs that have a wealth of cross-border start-up experience. If you want to enjoy the thrill of growing a global start-up venture and are passionate about improving people’s lives in Africa, CIV is for you!
- Work with the executive team to formulate sales strategies in the responsible geographic location
- Set realistic, but ambitious regional near and mid-term sales targets and develop relevant execution plans
- Build a goal-oriented sales team to meet sales objectives
- Work with the executive team to design sales incentive structure for the regional sales team
- Develop an efficient and effective regional distribution network covering both rural and urban areas
- Provide critical input to formulate marketing and branding strategies for the responsible region
Required Skills & Experience
- A time-tested, hard-working leader with a high level of integrity
- Proven Africa-specific sales and business development execution capabilities
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial organization
- Hands-on experience in leading teams to sell consumer goods in massive quantity in Africa
- Familiar with various distribution mechanisms in the responsible region
- Possession of cross-border import/export experience
- Knowledgeable in energy, transportation and agriculture sectors is a plus
- Bilingual in English and Swahili
- Competitive cash and equity compensation among companies of similar stage and nature