28 days ago
d.light is a for-profit social enterprise whose purpose is to create new freedoms for customers without access to reliable power so they can enjoy a brighter future. They design, manufacture and distribute solar light and power products throughout the developing world, transforming the way people all over the world use and pay for energy.
Through four hubs in Africa, China, South Asia and the United States, d.light has sold over 20 million solar light and power products in 65 countries, improving the lives of over 97 million people. d.light is dedicated to providing the most reliable, affordable and accessible solar lighting and power systems for the developing world and reaching 100 million people by 2020.
d.light are looking to recruit a passionate, energetic and experienced Director of Global Customer Quality. Reporting into the Senior Director of Product and Operations (75%) and The President (25%), this role will require global tracel (10%) and Africa-wide travel (25%).
- Responsible for overall quality control and quality engineering in the regions and quality improvements to continue to make our products the best quality and value.
- Develops functional strategy and vision to ensure adherence with company and customer expectations.
- Enforces consistent processes and reporting to monitor and improve products for customers.
- Audits and ensures repair operations and supply chain partners are following proper processes and procedures and providing accurate and timely technical data and reporting.
- Improves customer (external and internal) satisfaction level through high quality services.
- Collect and report on quality data and KPIs for all d.light products to Senior Management.
- Identify areas of improvement and track and manage quality issues to resolution.
- Gather, analyse and manage quality related field data and issues. Drive for resolution with full root cause and corrective actions.
- Ensure accurate and timely data, reporting and closure of issues and improvement projects.
- Oversee, motivate, mentor and evaluate performance for regional Customer Quality Department’s employees.
- Drive continuous improvement of Customer Quality performance to match customers’ demands and time to market competitiveness.
- Build, develop, lead and impsire the regional Customer Quality team.
- Interface with external and internal customers to fulfill requirements.
- Ensure world-class quality performance.
Successful Candidate Profile
- 10-15 years’ experience in customer quality management, including quality control and quality engineering.
- A Master’s degree in Quality, Business, Supply Chain Management or equivalent.
- Experience with managing global customer quality in a matrix managed environment.
- Experience in MNC from the customer electronics, B2B electronics, managing multi-geographical sites and multi-functional teams.
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated executive presence in managing issues under pressure.
- Experience in finding root cause through analyzing data.
- A strong project leader and be able to drive for results.
- Proven ability of establishing strong cross-functional collaboration.
- Well versed and experienced in using quality tools, systems and management. Six Sigma certification is highly desirable.