over 1 year ago
Copia Global is bringing ecommerce to low-middle income people in the developing world, transforming this historically neglected market into empowered global consumers. It is the best of Amazon, Fedex and a healthy dose of BoP expertise. Just as the Sears catalog revolutionized life in the pioneer days of the United States, Fedex revolutionized distribution and Amazon revolutionized life in the internet age, Copia is similarly creating a whole new medium to reach low-middle income consumers.
By making accessible a wide range of trusted, reliable consumer goods - from rice to motorcycles, from mattresses to hammers, from soap to solar lights - Copia improves the quality of life for consumers at the middle and base of the economic pyramid. The advent of mobile technologies is the game changer, enabling Copia to provide a profitable, high quality service to low-income people for the first time in history.
With $5T of annual income, the peri-urban and rural populations of the developing world represent a huge untapped market opportunity. These populations remain underserved with no trusted, affordable access to reliable, basic necessities. Using mobile technologies, Copia Global can connect billions of people with the global economy, thereby enhancing their lives.
Founded in Silicon Valley in 2013, Copia started its operations in Kenya and is now serving thousands of locations and customers throughout central Kenya, generating significant monthly revenues and growing at 15% per month.
Please see www.copiaglobal.com to learn more.
Copia is looking for an outstanding Director of Marketing and Communications who will help drive the company forward in terms of sales/ agent/customer/supplier engagement and brand.
Since they're growing extremely fast, the Director of Marketing and Communications will be tasked to create and shape the Marketing strategy for the long-term as well as execute on it. This is an exciting and challenging role at the forefront of marketing to Base of the Pyramid customers. You will manage a team of people and lead projects yourself that cover the following areas;
- Thinking big about potential partnerships and programs that will drive exponential growth.
- Driving Sales through the development of effective Customer Retention and Purchase Journey programs as well as engaging and effective communication tools.
- Driving Sales through the development of effective Agent Management programs and communication.
- Driving Sales through effective product merchandising/promotions and supplier marketing programs.
- Driving Sales and Customer Acquisition through community activations and outreach.
- Overseeing urban/digital marketing for a new urban focused service.
- Accountability for brand, print and e-collateral development, Public Relations, Employee Communications, Budget Management and Forecasting.
- You have 10+ years of very broad marketing and communications experience in a B2C environment, ideally working with rural or base of the pyramid customers.
- Experience in a role where marketing is directly responsible for driving sales is essential.
- Retail or E-Commerce experience would be advantageous.
- Experience in countries outside Kenya would be advantageous.
- Experience in a start-up or fast-growing young organization would be ideal.
- You are equally proficient at seeing the big picture and thinking ahead of the curve, while paying attention to the smallest details.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and an environment of trial and error – conceptualizing, testing, measuring and deciding whether to scale or abandon.
- You live for data driven decisions and are fanatical about measuring everything.
- You also have an eye for the creative and are just as comfortable choosing images for the website, overseeing development of a new corporate video or conceptualizing design for a new piece of collateral.
- At the end of the day, you know that results are all that matter – and that’s what you strive for – day in, day out. Quickly!!!