Copia Global is democratizing e-commerce by making it accessible to all regardless of location, financial status and Internet access. Using digital technology, a network of Agents who operate as e-commerce ordering and delivery points and an internally managed world-class fulfillment and delivery system, they are opening up distribution to hundreds of millions of the world’s population who cannot conveniently access affordable goods.
Copia is growing extremely fast and is seeking an outstanding Director of Sales to play a critical role as they rapidly scale into other geographies. This is an exciting and challenging role at the forefront of serving low and middle-income customers.
Reporting to the Chief Growth Officer, you will be responsible for the 100+ person field sales team, sales operations and sales learning and development. You will be accountable for leading these teams to generate revenue growth from our 4000+ Agent base across multiple sales channels including retail outlets, tea buying centers and chamas. This is a very high profile role and a key member of the leadership team and you will work closely with the marketing, customer care, warehousing and logistics teams to ensure effective delivery of sales promises. Specifically, you will:
- Drive revenue growth and sales effectiveness through rigorous and systematic analysis of sales performance (at both Sales team and Agent level) and translate that insight into concrete sales tactics and in-field execution.
- Create, modify and drive sales team programs such as target setting, recognition, reward and performance management
- Drive Agent performance through the development and management of Agent relationship management systems and processes including geo-locations, Agent visit tracking, training materials and programs and the commission program.
- Drive sales workforce efficiency through sales team capacity utilization, territory management and workforce planning.
- Drive digitization of our Agents and Customers
- Be accountable for effective sales reporting through Tableau and Excel.
- Develop and implement processes and systems around all sales activities so that the sales team are able to smoothly and consistently execute.
- Develop communicate and execute the Sales team commission structures as well as Agent commission structures and payments.
- Work with the Learning and Development Specialist to determine training needs and a training calendar for the sales teams and oversee the development of appropriate training materials and sessions as well as a learning framework.
- Oversee administration of all back-end sales operations such as fleet management, Agent sign-up, transport and airtime disbursement, Sales team communication tools, Sales team activity reporting, database management and ERP functionality development.
- You have 15+ years of experience leading large geographically diverse field-based sales forces.
- You have experience managing, growing and driving revenue from large Agent-based networks
- You are passionate about sales team leadership and live and breathe figuring out how to get the best results from your sales teams.
- You are equally as comfortable in the field getting your boots muddy with your team (literally) as you are in the boardroom, detailing growth plans at a strategic level. And you split your time effectively between the two.
- You love developing insights from analysis. For you, it is all about what the data tells you and you make decisions and recommendations based on that data.
- You love process, structure and detail. Getting things running smoothly and putting in disciplined work systems makes you excited to get up every-day.
- You believe in and care about training and have proven you are thoughtful about the needs that sales teams have and how to effectively train them on these needs.
- You have experience setting targets and developing sales incentives and commissions.
- You have advanced proficiency in MS Office including Excel and PowerPoint.
- You love mentoring and developing your team members.
- Experience in high growth organizations would be ideal – where every day brings ambiguity, very fast pace and constant new initiatives.
- You are equally proficient at seeing the big picture and thinking ahead of the curve, while paying attention to the smallest details.
- Knowledge of Tableau or another Business Intelligence tool would be advantageous.
- Experience in other East African countries would be an advantage.