9 months ago
PULA is an agro-insurance-technology business that addresses the lack of smallholder crop insurance by developing products that remedy the limitations of traditional insurance offerings. They design and sell ‘insurance bundles’ whereby the insurance policy is embedded in a critical farm input such as seed, fertilizer or credit. In 2017, they facilitated a crop and livestock insurance cover to 611,000 farmers in Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda, Nigeria, Ethiopia and Malawi. Apart from insurance, they also offer comprehensive risk analysis and assessment both through remote sensing, GIS and on ground yield assessments.
PULA has a presence in ten countries across Africa and Asia, and work with Fortune 500 Companies, Global NGOs, Micro-finance Institutions, Research Institutions and Governments.
If you thrive in working in a dynamic environment where the demands are high, where you will be challenged every day and where you will get to deliver solutions that positively impact millions of farmers, then this role is for you!
PULA is looking for an exceptional individual with a proven track record in developing new business, selling business value, insurance solutions and professional services to Executive levels – CEO, CFO, Sales and Marketing leaders and functional practitioners. This role will be based in Nairobi.
Whats on Offer
Become an early team member of a VC backed technology company that has provided insurance and agronomy solutions to over 800,000 smallholder farmers across 8 countries in 2018.
Change the story of farming in Africa. PULA was the first to deliver agriculture insurance in many of the countries they work in, and have given farmers confidence, professionalism and pride. This is a chance to be part of that story.
PULA pride themselves in operational excellence, both in terms of growth, technology as well as in their field operations and interactions with farmers. You will be part of an exceptional and award-winning team, and they will help you raise the bar and deliver what has never been done before.
PULA offer market competitive compensation based on sales quota with the opportunity to double your remuneration if you reach quarterly sales quota.
For a brief on their work so far, have a look at this talk by one of their founders here.
- Research, prepare and execute a sales plan focused on delivering new recurring revenue through partnerships with agro-input companies and public sector.
- Think strategically about which accounts to target and come up with creative solutions to get customers to engage. They expect you to qualify opportunities, know which deals to work on, and which ones to pass on.
- Be an outstanding external spokesperson for the company, its values and products. You will have the authority to prepare as well as negotiate commercial proposals.
- Progress prospects through a defined sales process to an eventual contracting and implementation. Manage the handover of new customers to operations team for the implementation of the solution.
- Generate new sales by creating new opportunities and nurture leads via leveraging existing relationships and building new relationships across industries from scratch.
- Build a commercial team across their target countries of operation that will be the flywheel of their growth.
- Provide market feedback to product development, technology and operations teams based on customer feedback.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Strong demonstrable sales or consulting experience in the area of agriculture, preferably in the seed/fertilizer/agrochemical industry.
- Knowledge and understanding of dealing with C-suite executives with excellent communication and presentation skills, integrity and impeccable professionalism.
- Data driven and able to convey the potential of data driven marketing to a sector that has traditionally had very little access to data.
- You are comfortable working against a sales quota target.
- You will be able to understand the basic principles of behavioral economics and how they apply to the agricultural and rural markets.
- You have strong quantitative and excellent excel skills at a minimum.
- You enjoy travelling across Africa and building relationships across sectors and disciplines
Preferred Professional Experience
- Knowledge and background in Insurance is an advantage.