Nairobi , Kenya
10 months ago
Azuri Technologies Ltd. headquartered in the United Kingdom, is a leading provider of PayGo solar power systems for rural off-grid customers. Azuri has operations in 5 countries in sub-Saharan Africa deploying small home lighting systems to rural users. The PayGo business model transforms the affordability of entry-level power for their customers and adoption is growing rapidly.
Azuri is now actively developing products that move up the ‘energy escalator’ starting with PayGo TV using solar, combined with satellite/Digital TV equipment and content packages. To date, the company delivered more than 150,000 pay as you go solar power systems and is continuing to grow aggressively.
One of Azuri’s strong pillars is the Distribution strategy in partnership with external partners which Azuri has developed over the last five years and codified in significant detail. As the distribution processes continue evolving plus rolled out in new markets continued codification will be required. In addition, pragmatic audits will be required to assess to what extent the current processes are working and suggest adjustments plus project management of the implementation.
- Documenting the distribution process in a way that it can be used by people at every level in the organization from management down to implementers (e.g. call center). Ties in closely to the functions of the Training Manager
- Audit of distribution practice against the processes. Are the processes being followed? What is missing? What needs to be added? What needs to change?
- Provides input to Service Platform Development function on tools
- Working closely with EA Distribution Director to define the effectiveness of the distribution process
- A highly organized, detail-focused person with an understanding of building and maintaining process
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to work with partners and others to engender trust and collect accurate, reliable information
- Prepared to PERSONALLY create process documents
- Numerate with the ability to monitor trends in performance in relation to processes
- Self-motivating and self-organized. Able to plan and deliver high level goals personally, without a supporting team
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view
- Persuasive with details and facts
- Ability to understand and jump from the very large “bird’s-eye-view” picture down to the granular, customer level view.
- High comfort level working in a diverse environment
- Degree level educated; MBA not a pre-requisite but may be useful
- Extensive HANDS ON experience of B2C distribution operations and operational control procedures (5 years plus)