over 2 years ago
Omya is a leading global producer of industrial minerals – mainly fillers and pigments derived from calcium carbonate and dolomite – and a worldwide distributor of specialty chemicals. The company provides a wealth of product solutions that contribute to its customers' competitiveness and productivity in multiple industries such as Construction, Printing & Writing, Technical Polymers, Packaging, Food, Personal & Home Care, Pharmaceuticals, Agriculture and Forestry, Water and Energy.
Founded in 1884 in Switzerland, Omya has a global presence extending to more than 175 locations in over 50 countries with 8,000 employees. Omya has an unwavering commitment to quality and total customer satisfaction through leadership in manufacturing technology, product innovation, application expertise, incomparable service, and an exceptional understanding of their customers'?needs. Omya also sets standards in production and product delivery with its use of the most modern technology, a worldwide network of engineering hubs, quality control laboratories at every site, and a central analytics and microbiology unit, as well as a premier logistics organization.
In September this year, Omya bought over ARM Cement’s fertilizer business Mavuno, with plans to manufacture both fertilizer and industrial minerals for the East African market. Using their global expertise, Omya plan to transform this business into an industry leader and upgrade the whole production facility. Omya are excited by the growth potential and have plans to expand into East and West Africa over the next 10 years. To support this growth, Omya are now seeking a dynamic and experienced Finance Manager.
The Finance Manager will ensure and maintain high standards of reporting, financial planning management, forecasting and corporate governance from Omya Group Finance and Kenyan Financial procedures and regulations. He/she will also be tasked to identify opportunities for the development and continuous improvement of financial and administrative functions in the area of responsibility. Last but not least, the incumbent will help maximize long term profitability and success through active participation in financial, treasury & tax planning strategies, business plan discussions and management of the finance and administration functions costs. Based in Nairobi, the Finance Manager will report directly to the General Manager with a dotted line to the Chief Finance Officer.
- Overall responsibility of all finance and tax matters of the legal entity.
- Overall control of periodic financial planning.
- Overall control of preparation and submission of periodic financial statements (IFRS and local) and all other internal financial reporting.
- Overall control of accurate and timely preparation and submission of tax returns and other financial statutory returns to local authorities.
- Application of and compliance with Omya Group standards and policies in accounting and reporting, with reference to the Omya Accounting and Reporting Manual (ARM), Omya Group Cost Accounting Standards (OGCAS), etc.
- Compliance with Omya Group, and where applicable, locally legislated internal control and audit requirements.
- Major investment project appraisal/review in conjunction with operations planning management.
- Primary contact with company bankers and other external financiers (if any), negotiating appropriate facilities/service levels and ensuring compliance with contractual requirements.
- Ensuring compliance with local legislative requirements.
- Master Data Management; Ensure closed value flows in the local ERP system– reduce manual intervention.
- Manage cash/treasury and tax-planning.
- Provide financial and analytical support to management with a view to cost-efficiencies, growth and profitability improvement.
- Preparation and planning of investments.
- Net Working Capital Management (with local operations and marketing management).
- Dealing with legal issues and continuous reviewing of contractual relations (with local management team).
- Change Group Standards and Policies.
- Change ERP templates.
Skills and Experience
- Completion of tertiary qualification (degree or master) in finance/audit.
- Minimum 8 years’ financial experience in production or manufacturing in multinational companies.
- International exposure; open to other cultures.
- Familiar with integrated ERP systems.
- Proficient in cost accounting, planning and financial analysis.
- Team player, excellent interpersonal & communication skills and understanding of different cultures / work environments.
- Good Command of English.
Readiness to travel occasionally, both domestically and overseas
- Net Sales 3rd, EBIT, Net Working Capital Management (DSO, DSI & DPO) & Operating Cash Flow (shared with the local management team)
- Closing and Reporting: achieving Group deadlines & quality requirements
- Timely external audit results
- Quality of profitability analysis with reference to investments (shared responsibility with operations management)