7 months ago
Globeleq has become a power industry leader by operating or acquiring interest in multiple power facilities across the world. Founded in 2002, Globeleq operates a portfolio of natural gas, solar, wind, HFO, and fuel oil power generation assets. Now with its focus on the African continent, the company’s experience in implementing an array of generating technologies in different geographic locations providing Globeleq with a unique perspective and strong foundation for developing new capacity.
With the support and expertise of their staff operating out of their London head office, regional offices in Nairobi, Cape Town, and Doula, and their eight power plants located in Tanzania, South Africa, Côte d’Ivoire, Cameroon and Kenya, they currently generate approximately 1,300 MW, and have another 2,000 MW in development.
Reporting to the General Manager (initially to the Senior Finance and Tax Manager), the Finance Manager will be responsible for the preparation of company financial records, internal/external reporting for the Malindi Project Company, the Malindi Operations & Maintenance Company and Globeleq Kenya Ltd. This includes Malindi project construction reports for the General Manager and shareholders during the construction period, maintenance of general ledger accounting records and tax records, monthly management accounts and statutory financial statements both during and after the Malindi construction period.
This role will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Malindi Project budget?
- Establish detailed project budget for all budget line items, suppliers, currencies, contracts
- Malindi Construction reporting:
- Prepare detailed forecast cash reporting for each budget item for the entire construction period ?
- Prepare project report for General Manager showing actual cash spent to date, cash forecasts and narrative in line with all project documents ?
- Financial reporting:
- Maintenance and responsibility for the accuracy and timeliness ?of the books and records, including general ledgers and Excel ?reporting ?
- Run month end closing routines as per the month end closing ?instructions ?
- Maintenance of the fixed asset ledgers ?
- Preparation and sign-off of annual audited accounts/financial ?statements preparation in accordance with IFRS/appropriate ?accounting standards ?
- Liaison with lenders and auditors to ensure compliance with all ?filing requirements?
- Identify and assist in the resolution of new accounting issues ?
- Lender Reporting:
- Produce lender drawdown requests, in accordance with lending ?document requirements, to satisfy future forecast spending ?
- Prepare all financial reporting to lenders ?
- Financial systems ?
- Ensure fully up to date general ledgers are maintained in the accounting system with no entries being recorded outside of the system.
- Internal Controls:
- Ensure that Globeleq accounting policies and procedures, as ?well as external reporting standards, are established and ?observed ?
- Design a robust set of internal procedures and controls and ?ensure ongoing compliance ?
- Shareholder reporting:
- Monitor all Group reporting requirements, deadlines and status. This will include reporting of monthly actual and project forecast information ?
- Agreeing intercompany transactions with Globeleq Group and other related parties?
- Treasury planning and operations:
- Cash management responsibility, ensuring cash use is ?maximised and all lender covenant requirements are met ?
- Process payments to suppliers in accordance with project ?milestones and contractual arrangements ?
- Cash reporting and forecasting ?
- Maintain treasury banking relationships, including primary day- ?to-day interface with operational bank providers ?
- Maintain bank accounts, master bank files, signatory listings ?
- Monitor bank accounts for unusual/unauthorised activities and ?ensure all activities are recorded appropriately ?
- Review of bank reconciliations ?
- Tax Compliance:
- Manage all tax issues during Malindi construction including ?import duties, sales taxes, duties and levies, tax incentives ?
- Ensure tax compliance requirements are met, including ?preparing all corporation tax, VAT and WHT returns ?
- Manage external tax advisors and coordinate advice as ?required ?
- Company secretarial filings and other local administration matters ?
- Ad hoc finance responsibilities as appropriate ?
- Legal document review and general understanding ?
- Self-starter happy to take a hands on approach to day to day accounting ?activities in addition to higher level matters such as budgeting and cash-flow ?forecasting ?
- Communication, especially relationship management, influencing & written ?skills ?
- Decision making, specifically ability to absorb & interpret data / information ?
- Ability to adapt in a change environment ?
- Diversity and ethical behaviour ?
- Advanced computer skills – spreadsheets, accounting systems ?
- Planning and Organising ?
- Achievement ?