8 months ago
responsAbility is one of the world’s leading asset managers specializing in development-related sectors of emerging economies. These sectors comprise the areas of finance, agriculture and energy. responsAbility provides debt and equity financing to non-listed companies with business models that target the lower-income section of the population and can thus drive economic growth and social progress. responsAbility offers professionally managed investment solutions to both institutional and private investors.
responsAbility Renewable Energy Holding (rAREH): rAREH is a developer of renewable energy projects up to 50MW in Sub-Sahara Africa headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya. It’s 20 people strong team of experienced investment professionals, project developers, engineers and E&S specialists are working on a sizeable portfolio. Investors include KfW, Norfund and NdF.
They’re looking for a Financial Analyst for rAREH’s office in Nairobi.
- Support the (investment) team in analysing and executing equity investments for renewable energy projects up to 50MW in SubSaharan Africa.
- Support includes, but is not limited to;
- preparing country and energy sector analyses
- making project/company presentations and memoranda
- supporting internal credit and compliance processes
- preparing financial models
- preparing internal credit papers
- facilitating debt financing processes
- assisting in monitoring of existing portfolio projects
- support in identifying and screening investment opportunities across Sub-Sahara Africa
- providing support on deal execution, structuring, negotiation and legal documentation
- Internally you will work in deal teams consisting of development, technical, E&S and finance people. You will be part of an investment team of 4 people.
- 2-4 years’ work experience with (preferably energy) private equity, project finance, or project development in Africa or other emerging markets having worked for a bank, PE fund or developer.
- Excellent analytical, financial modelling and reporting skills.
- A strong can-do mentality with strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong academic records from top-tier institution.
- Particularly people from Africa are encouraged to apply.
- French speaking a plus.