about 1 month ago
Mojo Productions is an audiovisual production company, founded in February 2008. For over 10 years they have been involved in the production of Television, Radio, Documentary, online branded content, 2D & 3D Animation commercials.
They are a fully equipped audiovisual company with in-house facilities offering 360 solutions for all their customers audiovisual needs. This ensures they are cost effective while delivering high quality productions.
Their collaboration with advertising agencies and corporate brands has seen them transverse the Kenyan counties with the aim to deliver impactful, relevant commercials successful targeting the intended market. They have been the production company behind various award-winning campaigns such as Brand Brookside Milk-Mawowo and Brand Ilara Yoghurt campaign.
Riding high on the digital age they have virtual presence in East, South and west Africa regions providing audiovisual services through collaborations ensuring they deliver authentic communication in the desired language.
Mojo Productions is currently seeking a passionate and driven General Manager to be based in Nairobi. The General Manager will have overall responsibility for the day-to-day management of the business, and delivering on their duties in a professional, responsible and profitable manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To coordinate and integrate activities across all departments.
- Develop new business with a clear focus on presenting the company as a one stop, production company offering clients a complete package of services.
- Evaluate existing and potential client needs and make suitable recommendations.
- Responsible for developing strong teams; communicating the vision and mission of the organization.
- Interpret high-level financial information like financial statements; cash flow; costing analysis; inventory as well as asset reports plus all other relevant documentation information.
- Ensure company operations are compliant on all aspects with legislative requirements.
- Establish programs to make sure that all buildings, equipment and grounds are maintained in good safe operating conditions; appearance to make sure the environment is protected.
- Promote positive employee/employer relationships.
- Ensure company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Champion continuous cost-reduction continuous improvement programs.
- Ensure that appropriate tools are provided in order to meet the company goals.
- Keep abreast of new technology, market trends and business opportunities to make sure the company remains competitive within the industry.
- Manage client relationships all round and perform yearly company evaluation exercises to highlight the company’s key strengths and weakness with a view to improving services.
- Assisting Directors with creative research and treatments for various productions.
- Managing and overseeing the production of audio and visual editing departments to ensure delivery of projects in a timely and professional manner.
- Manage marketing initiatives to help grow sales, including supervision of social media presence, overseeing updates to the company website, attending industry gatherings and planning client events.
- Develop and execute business plans for generating new leads, maximizing sales opportunities and achieving sales targets.
- Expand the client base to new sectors/productions to help grow sales.
- Provide accurate and timely progress reports including forecasts and activities.
- Work with clients to understand and identify their objectives and needs while aligning the company’s services where opportunities exist.
- Being involved and kept abreast of client expectations, deliverables and scheduling.
- Being in regular contact with clients to ensure their expectations are met, answer questions they may have and ensure all deliverables have been submitted.
- Work closely with internal contacts to ensure the seamless execution of all workflow across all client engagements.
- To initiate and execute beneficial educational programs for different departments in the company, and provide leadership and motivation to the various teams.
- To carry out any other assignments as directed by the Director’s from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- 10+ years’ work experience.
- Degree level education and MBA added advantage.
- Very strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Business acumen and strong commercial vision.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Very good organizational and interpersonal skills.