11 months ago
Polytank & Containers Kenya Limited is a leading manufacturer of on-the-ground and over-head plastic water storage tanks in Kenya. Water is a scarce resource and prudent storage has become crucial, which is where Polytank plays an important role.
In 2018, Polytanks business became part of the Mohinani Group, a Pan-African family business group with activities ranging from manufacturing of packaging & plastics to trade & distribution in chemicals, polymers, consumer durables, amongst others. In Ghana, the Group owns and operates Polytank Ghana Ltd., the largest tank manufacturer in the country and a pacesetter in the industry not only in Ghana but across Africa.
Backed by the Group and leveraging on their expertise in the tank industry, Polytank & Containers Kenya is poised for significant growth and requires a dynamic and experienced General Manager to provide leadership and drive expansion.
The General Manager will oversee all staff, budgets and operations of the Business unit. Responsibilities would include formulating overall strategy, managing people and establishing policies. To be successful in this role, the candidate should be a thoughtful leader and a confident decision-maker, helping the Human Capital to develop and be productive, while ensuring the financial objective of the Organization.
- Oversee daily operations of the business unit or organization.
- Ensure the creation and implementation of a strategy designed to grow the business.
- Coordinate the development of key performance goals for functions and direct reports.
- Oversee key hiring and mentoring, ensuring deliverance.
- Sustaining current market position and growing market share.
- Creating business plans to support the company’s financial objectives.
- Supporting sales teams and key account managers in retention of existing clients.
- Defining long-term strategic goals and developing clear plans to implement them.
- Improving internal processes and ensuring employees work as a cohesive unit.
- Anticipate client needs and develop solutions to meet those needs. Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Accomplishes subsidiary objectives by establishing plans, budgets, and results measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress; making mid-course corrections.
- Coordinates efforts by establishing procurement, production, marketing, field, and technical services policies and practices; coordinating actions with corporate staff.
- Builds company image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, and employees; enforcing ethical business practices.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Evaluate and decide upon key investments in equipment, infrastructure, and talent
- Ensuring Management Reports to the Board in time.
- Responsible for the Profitability of the Unit.
- Proven experience as a General Manager or similar executive role.
- Knowledge of business process and functions (finance, HR, procurement, operations etc.)
- Experience in planning and budgeting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Strong analytical ability and persistent business will to succeed.
- Planning and managing the company’s performance.
- Manage operations and processes within budget.
- Ability to enforce and maintain high standards, even under pressure.
- General and senior management skill.
- Engineering Degree/Any Science Degree is Preferred. Post-Graduation in Marketing/Management is an added advantage
- Minimum 7 to 10 years of experience in similar role
- Candidate shall possess hands on Marketing Experience of Hardware/Building Materials/similar products in the distribution channel. East African experience is an added advantage.