5 months ago
EcoZoom is a social enterprise and certified Benefit Corporation dedicated to bringing ecological products to the world. They believe that all people, regardless of socio-economic status, should have access to beautifully designed products that will improve their health, income and environment.
In developing countries, more than 3 billion people do not have access to modern fuels like electricity and gas. Instead, they cook with biomass, often on smoky three stone fires or inefficient, unimproved stoves. This results in huge impacts on people and the environment. EcoZoom cook stoves offer a solution that is healthy, efficient and eco-friendly as their range of clean cook stoves saves people up to 70% on fuel consumption and produce 60% less smoke. Another benefit of the EcoZoom products is that women and girls spend less time travelling long distances to collect firewood, and less time in the kitchen, leaving room for education and other activities. In the developed world, EcoZoom products are used for a different cause; they are perfect for camping, backyard cooking or in case of an emergency.
Whilst cook stoves are their main product, EcoZoom also sell solar lamps, water filters and reusable sanitary pads.
EcoZoom is looking to recruit a Global Sales Manager to play a key role in the organization’s development and expansion plans into other territories and primarily be responsible for account management, business development and sales strategy (both in emerging as well as developed markets). The expectation however is that this individual will be part of the company’s succession plan and have the ability to assume a senior leadership role within the organization within a couple of years.
The Global Sales Manager will be based in Nairobi with travel across Africa, and will be reporting to the Chief Executive Officer.
The primary responsibilities of the Global Sales Manager are:
- Lead the sales effort of the Global business, looking for opportunities to grow the business, whether through partnerships or new initiatives and work to take advantage of those opportunities.
- Manage key accounts to drive recurring sales and grow business with them.
- Win new business. Be able to think commercially and strategically, understanding key drivers of the business and negotiate deals with customers accordingly.
- Develop a sales strategy for entering new markets and expanding the business across Africa, Asia and developed markets (US, Europe, Japan).
- Analyze sales and other reports that give insight into how the company can make adjustments to improve performance.
- Provide status information to senior internal personnel including forecast/pipeline information and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Work closely with other members of the EcoZoom management team to establish a culture of innovation and collaboration.
- Work closely with the Global Marketing Manager to win new business and drive sales of their key customers.
- Foster a productive, positive workplace environment.
- Maintain and build strong relationships with strategic partners ensuring best in class customer service.
- Be involved in all other aspects of the business as and where appropriate.
The incumbent must;
- Ideally have a solid background in sales, account management and/or business development.
- Have a solid business management background with demonstrable success in multiple aspects of business operations with a lean towards business development and sales.
- Prove their ability to think strategically and creatively and communicate at a high level to senior managers and outside parties.
- Prove their ability to set-up relationships with new potential customers and harness existing relationships with them to grow sales.
- Possess superior verbal and written communication; multi-tasking, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Have excellent analytical skills with the ability to consider multiple variables in order to make strategic decisions.
- Have a Bachelors level degree. Masters / MBA is desirable though not essential.
EcoZoom is an ambitious and fast moving company. This is a career track position with enormous potential for growth and development into a senior leadership position for the right individual.