7 months ago
Fenix International is a technology company whose mission is to transform their customers’ quality of life through disruptive innovation in energy and financial services. Their flagship product, ReadyPay Solar, is an expandable, lease-to-own solar home system financed through affordable installments from just $0.19 per day. They use real-time transaction data to create a next-generation credit score to finance power upgrades and other life-changing loans.
In 2017, Fenix announced that it was joining forces with ENGIE, one of the largest energy companies in the world. Fenix will operate as an independent company within the ENGIE group. Together, Fenix and ENGIE plan to bring life-changing energy and financial services to millions of off-grid customers across Africa in the next 5 years.
Fenix aim is to build a high-performing, passionate team that loves what they do. Their business is complex, ever evolving, and people-driven. They thrive as a company because their teams--and the individuals in them--thrive. That’s why the role of the Global Talent Recruitment Manager is crucial to achieving their ambitious mission of bringing power and financial inclusion to millions of households living off-grid across Africa.
The Recruitment Manager will be responsible for recruiting talented, passionate, and mission-driven individuals to join Fenix and help them execute their goals. He or she will design improvements and execute the strategy and systems they need to attract, screen, and hire high-performing talent in key roles across Fenix. This role would be reporting to Global Talent Director and will be based in Kampala, Uganda.
- Design and execute a strategy to position Fenix as one of the best companies to work for in the region and sector.
- Develop and drive the strategy for Fenix’s global recruitment efforts for both business and engineering roles, including:
- Working with leaders in Fenix to identify key talent needs, prioritize hires, and establish candidate criteria.
- Designing creative sourcing strategies to ensure top talent applicants for global roles across Fenix, including establishing and owning relationships with external recruitment firms where strategically appropriate.
- Creating nimble, rigorous, and innovative processes to screen candidates that enable Fenix to continue building a high performing, mission-driven, and diverse team.
- Providing initial screenings to ensure that only the highest quality candidates advance to subsequent screening rounds with hiring managers.
- Developing and scaling an excellent candidate experience across all recruiting touch points that reflects Fenix values.
- Provide support to talent counterparts in Fenix country teams to improve sourcing, screening, and hiring processes and approaches. ?
- Work with the talent team and managers to design and implement Fenix’s internal pipeline development programs.
- Passionate about innovative approaches to building a strong and diverse team, with a commitment to and excitement for improving the lives of our customers.
- Minimum 5 years experience and success in a comparable recruiting role, with a strong preference given to candidates with experience in East or West Africa, and additional demonstrated experience recruiting for software engineering roles.
- Ability to see the big picture, with a proven ability to create intelligent systems while remaining highly organized and detail-oriented.
- A strong network of talent in East, West, or Southern Africa.
- Expertise in managing an Applicant Tracking System, preferably Jazz, and an excitement for leveraging workflows and other features to make the process seamless for candidates and hiring managers.
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit with an ability to work autonomously in a dynamic, quickly evolving environment.
- Excellent Emotional Intelligence, communication skills, and relationship-building ability