7 months ago
EIDU believe that all children should be given the chance to reach their full intellectual potential, and for that, they need a proper foundation early on. It is EIDU’s mission to help these children acquire foundational skills before they start school. To facilitate this, they have created a learning app for young children in poor areas where it’s hard to get the high-quality education that all children deserve. Their solution enables children to learn by themselves, without the help of adults, on an app that works globally, even on the cheapest devices. EIDU are currently testing their app in the toughest conditions they could find: with more than 3,500 children in two of the largest urban informal settlements in Africa, located in Nairobi.
EIDU are looking for a Growth Manager who will manage all their growing operations in Kenya related to sales, operations, customer service, and logistics.
If you would like to know more, see the TEDx talk about EIDU at www.eidu.com.
The Growth Manager will;
- Be responsible for identifying, convincing, onboarding, and engaging new schools and their head teachers to grow their presence in Kenya with your team in Nairobi.
- Lead a growing team in Nairobi and work directly with the country manager and the management team in Germany that consists of very experienced digital entrepreneurs and experts in the field of Education and Social Studies.
- Be part of their expansion into other African markets (medium term).
- Work in a result-oriented way to increase the core KPIs of EIDU, like teacher engagement.
Qualifications and Experience
- A university degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, or in a related field (Master’s preferred).
- 5-10 years of work experience, 2+ years managing a team of 5+ people.
- Having worked or studied in Sub-Saharan Africa for at least 6 months.
- (For Kenyans) Having worked or studied abroad in the US or Europe for at least one year.
- Preferably professional experience in sales (big plus).
- Preferably professional experience in an international company/NGO (big plus).
- Preferably experience in the field of Education (very welcome but not required).
Skills and Attributes
- A drive to make the world a better place with the help of software.
- Autonomy and excellent self-management skills.
- Strong focus on problem solving and getting things done.
- Ability and willingness to lead others (leadership experience is a must).
- Strong sales ability.
- Empathic and highly receptive to non-verbal communication.
- Interest in and adaptivity to other cultures.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- A positive and flexible attitude.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Advanced MS Office or Google Docs skills.