Nairobi , Kenya
about 1 year ago
EIDU believes that all children should be given the chance to reach their full intellectual potential, and for that, they need a proper foundation early on. It is EIDU’s mission to help these children acquire foundational skills before they start school and then support them further. To facilitate this, the company has created a learning app for young children in poor areas where it’s hard to get the high-quality education that all children deserve. Their vision is to educate the world’s poorest 1 billion children by building the next generation global edtech learning platform.
EIDU’s app solution enables children aged 3-6 years to learn by themselves without the help of adults, on an app that works globally, even on the cheapest devices. This digital learning solution will also be affordable to the global poor without subsidies, thus empowering them and making it truly scalable.
EIDU are currently testing their app in the toughest conditions: with more than 5,000 children in the largest urban informal settlements in Africa, located in Nairobi, Kenya.
If you would like to know more, see the TEDx talk about EIDU at www.eidu.com.
EIDU are now looking for a Head of Africa who will lead their African entity as a Managing Director. As the Head of Africa, you will:
- Lead and build their growing team (10-30+) in Africa and work directly with the management team in Germany that consists of very experienced serial entrepreneurs and experts in the field of Education and Social Studies.
- Be responsible for identifying, convincing, onboarding, and engaging new schools and parents to grow the customer base in Africa.
- Lead and manage their expansion into other African markets (5+ countries).
- Be based in Nairobi but traveling to other African countries.
- Work in an entrepreneurial, result-oriented way to increase the core KPIs of EIDU like the number of active children and schools.
Qualifications and Experience
Your experience includes:
- A university degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, or in a related field (Master’s preferred).
- 4-10 years of work experience, 2+ years managing a team of 5+ people.
- Having worked or studied abroad in the US or Europe for at least two years.
- (For Non-Africans) Having worked in Sub-Saharan Africa for at least 1 year.
- Big plus: Having started a company or worked in a Start-up or entrepreneurial environment.
- Preferably professional experience in sales or marketing.
- Preferably experience in education/ informal settlements.
Skills and Attributes
- A drive to make the world a better place with the help of software.
- Strong sales skills and a focus on results.
- Autonomy and excellent self-management skills.
- Strong focus on problem solving and getting things done.
- Ability and willingness to lead others (leadership experience is a must).
- Strong interpersonal skills and a positive and flexible attitude.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Advanced MS Office or Google Docs skills.
What EIDU Offers
- An excellent international team (from 9 countries).
- Passionate colleagues, who support each other to achieve their great vision.
- Great flexibility regarding working hours, vacations. They focus on results, not time spent in the office.
- An attractive compensation scheme consisting of a competitive salary and significant company shares.
- Real possibilities to improve what they do and how they do it.