Jubilee Insurance Ltd. was established as the first incorporated Insurance Company based in Mombasa in August 1937. They have since spread their wings and sphere of influence as the No. 1 Insurance Company in the region with offices in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Burundi and Mauritius and are recognized as the largest Composite Insurer in East Africa with over 450,000 clients.
They are listed in the Nairobi Securities Exchange, Dar Es Salaam Stock Exchange and the Uganda Securities Exchange having been rated highly on Leadership, Quality and Risk Management and awarded AA- rating in Kenya & Uganda and an A+ in Tanzania. As of December 2016, Jubilee’s total asset base was KSH 90.6 Billion with a profit before tax of KSH 4.6 Billion.
Jubilee Insurance Company of Kenya, is currently looking for a Head of Corporate Communications to manage the company’s public relations, write and deliver press releases and handle all communications sent to the public. They will also build and sustain the company's reputation for quality, reliability, and customer satisfaction.
- Develop and implement strategic plans for corporate communications department.
- Develop and manage the departmental budget.
- Establish a knowledge management system to facilitate continuity at each level of the corporate communications department.
- Manage relations and build relationships with key players in the media industry.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external key stakeholders to ensure proper dissemination of information.
- Take the lead in emergency disaster management communication.
- Conducting consumer and market research to identify key insights and opportunities for the Jubilee brand and its products and services.
- Manage company brand and reputation and disseminate the corporate brand strategy
- Create and disseminate press releases.
- Contact members of the media to set up interviews with company representatives.
- Drive corporate strategy and message development, pitch and announcement strategies.
- Develop branding initiatives, internal communications and external media relations.
- Determines communications strategy and execute programs to deliver communications objectives throughout the organization.
- Develop communication strategies for delivery of corporate culture and business strategy.
- Manage media relations and maximize media opportunities.
- Develop delivery and packaging plans for corporate messages including company mission, vision and corporate values.
- Develop internal publications such as newsletters, releases, email announcements, planned publications, on-line, intranet, video, special projects and assignments.
- Create rich and creative content that is optimized for search engines.
- Training, development and coaching of team members to deliver desired results.
- A Masters Degree in Mass Communication or Marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in the Social Sciences or Humanities
- Diploma in CIM or relevant field
- Visionary Leadership
- Market Awareness
- Customer Focus
- Continuous Innovation
- Ownership & Commitment
- Team Spirit
- More than 5 years of experience in marketing and communications leadership roles
- Extensive public relations experience
- Experience in Media, communications or journalism
- Corporate affairs
- Media management
- Knowledge of branding principles and tactics
- Sound written and verbal communications skills
- Expert strategic and proactive leadership and presence.
- Creative and visionary leadership
- Proven ability to design, develop and implement both communications and strategic programs and supporting tactics.
- Ability to understand technical and business concepts and express these concepts in clear, concise instructions