5 months ago
Copia Global is democratizing e-commerce by making it accessible to all regardless of location, financial status and internet access. Using digital technology, a network of Agents who operate as e-commerce ordering and delivery points and an internally managed world-class fulfillment and delivery system, they are opening up distribution to hundreds of millions of the world’s population who cannot conveniently access affordable goods.
Copia is currently partnering with multiple financial institutions (MFI’s, MFB’s and SACCOS) as their one-stop shop product sourcing and distribution solution. They intend to significantly increase the velocity of our sales through this channel and are looking for a transformational sales leader to drive this growth. This is an exciting and challenging role with high visibility across the organization. You will manage a team responsible for business development, account management and branch/loan officer sales. Key responsibilities include:
- Working with the Business Development Manager to develop a robust pipeline of high quality prospects that moves quickly through the funnel.
- Leading the operational sales team to drive branch and loan officer sales as well as creating the right relationships with regional management.
- Maintaining excellent relationships with key head office partner personnel.
- Working closely with Copia’s Procurement, Customer Care, Supply Chain, Marketing and Finance teams to ensure their product offering and service levels are appropriate and seamless.
- Ensuring they have the right relationships with key industry bodies and associations.
Qualifications and Experience
- You have 10+ years’ experience either working for a Financial Institution or selling physical or financial products to Financial Institutions.
- You have a proven track-record in relationship selling to C-Suite decision makers in Financial Institutions
- You are equally adept at operational sales at branch/loan officer level and know what it takes to activate and grow sales “on the ground”.
- You are an experienced sales team manager who is passionate about coaching, mentoring and developing your team.
- You can identify issues that are holding sales back and work effectively across an organization and with your team to quickly address these issues.
- You operate with a sense of urgency – every single day.
- You thrive in entrepreneurial environments where you have considerable scope to shape programs and work effectively without supervision.
- At the end of the day, you know that results are all that matter – and that’s what you strive for – day in, day out.