about 1 month ago
Twiga Foods’ purpose is to aggregate retail demand in African cities to provide low-cost access to better quality food. They are establishing a distribution network that reaches as many small retailers as possible through efficiently organized supply of both fresh fruits and vegetables (FFVs) and fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG), providing them with a one-stop shop for all their business needs.
They work with farmers to establish an efficient and consistent production that brings down the cost of fresh produce while providing processed food manufacturers with a low-cost platform to distribute their products. As a Company, they strive to establish a food safety framework in Kenya and ensure that they lead by example in creating a food supply ecosystem that consumers can trust, to provide them with safe and wholesome food.
Twiga is looking for a strategic finance leader to join their Finance team, to own and advance their Financial Planning and Analysis processes. As Head of FP&A, you will report directly to the CFO and play a critical role in translating Company plans into achievable financial results. You’ll develop forecasts, company financial models, and work directly with management across the Company to align on plans and measure results. This role requires a deep background in financial modeling and analysis, strong communication skills and a great deal of interaction and relationship building with key stakeholders across the finance and leadership team.
- Own the Company financial model (P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow).
- Utilize Company data to develop detailed revenue, pricing and margin models and run sensitivity analyses.
- Prepare and manage the Company’s Quarterly Rolling Forecast process with a focus on budget control and enhanced efficiency.
- Collaborate with business partners and executive management on plans and provide insights. Hold budget holders across departments accountable for delivery of results.
- Manage the integration and usership of the Adaptive Insights planning & reporting software into day-to-day business practices.
- Work with the Accounting team to evaluate and review weekly & monthly management reports, providing insights into delta’s in performance.
- Collaborate with the Business Intelligence team to understand business drivers and recommend measures to further improve results.
- Partner with the CFO to identify opportunities to improve current analyses and create robust new metrics.
- Prepare monthly Board and Management pack materials.
- Undertake strategic planning and benchmarking analyses including Comps, M&A and Valuation modeling.
- Assist the CEO and CFO in running the fundraising process.
- Manage and train an FP&A Associate.
- 7+ years’ experience in Financial Planning & Analysis (or similar) with a thorough understanding of financial accounting and management reporting.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or any other relevant field.
- Elite financial Excel modeling skills including the ability to build fully integrated 3 statement financial models.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and in a rapidly changing environment in order to meet deadlines.
- Outstanding analytical skills, agile and hands-on, committed to making an impact.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision (highly organized).
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience creating insightful presentations.
- International work experience.
- Investment banking and/or management consulting experience.
- Private Equity and/or Venture Capital experience.
- MBA qualification.
- CFA qualification.
- CPA / ACCA qualification.