about 1 year ago
Jubilee Insurance Ltd. was established as the first incorporated Insurance Company based in Mombasa in August 1937. They have since spread their wings and sphere of influence as the No. 1 Insurance Company in the region with offices in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Burundi and Mauritius and are recognized as the largest Composite Insurer in East Africa with over 450,000 clients.
They are listed in the Nairobi Securities Exchange, Dar Es Salaam Stock Exchange and the Uganda Securities Exchange having been rated highly on Leadership, Quality and Risk Management and awarded AA- rating in Kenya & Uganda and an A+ in Tanzania. As of December 2016, Jubilee’s total asset base was KSH 90.6 Billion with a profit before tax of KSH 4.6 Billion.
Jubilee Insurance Company of Kenya, is currently looking for a Head of Human Resources to lead the development and implementation of the Human Resources strategy in Talent Management, Employee Relations, Benefits Design and Management, HR Administration, Performance Management, and Training, in line with the business strategic plan. This person’s goal is to develop Jubilee Insurance Kenya’s workplace to be recognized as one of the best places to work in the country .
Manpower Planning and Recruitment
- Provide direction on strategic HR planning and management process and ensure that HR plans are in tandem with the Group’s business plans – short term (STP), midterm (MTP) and long-term (LTP) plans. Provide regular updates to the Board HR Committee.
- Conduct and advise on staff recruitment, selection, placement and succession planning. Identifying and meeting the company’s human resourcing needs.
Training and Development
- Identify the core business skills and develop appropriate strategies to develop employees skills.
- Assess the training needs and develop training plans. Assess whether the training objectives have been achieved
- Lead the performance management process through balanced scorecards. Ensure BSC are developed annually and formal and quality Performance Appraisal reviews are undertaken twice a year for all employees, and ensure that appropriate action is taken on all matters arising from the reviews.
Compensation and Benefits
- Advise the Board on results of Salaries and Fringe Benefits surveys in order to determine market values for similar jobs in similar organisations; recommend competitive remuneration structure aimed at retaining our best staff.
- Maintain proper employee relations ensuring compliance with all requirements statutory and otherwise and represent the company in the necessary forums that relate to the regulation of labour relations such the Federation of Kenya Employers, Ministry of Labour and the Industrial Court.
- Promote loyalty to and pride in the company through promotional material, encouraging participation in companywide activities, guiding the preparation of in house publications and contributing to regional and companywide journals and publications.
- Promote productive working relations by handling trade disputes and grievances.
- Conduct research and surveys in best HR practices locally and internationally and make recommendations based on the findings.
- Conducting exit interviews and responding to issues arising therefrom.
Administration of HR Team and Other Duties
- Lead the organisation design and the development of HR policies and procedures.
- Ensure all local reporting and information requirements are met in a timely manner.
- Develop, train, motivate and evaluate HR team to achieve highest levels of performance.
- Identify, benchmark and implement best practices in HR management and practice
- Determine & coordinate departmental reporting and communication requirements
Human Resource Strategic Plan and annual Human Resources Plan to:
- Make Jubilee Insurance one of the best places to work in Kenya;
- Ensure talent identification and development, increasing number of technically skilled employees, and smooth succession planning;
- Deliver high levels of Employee satisfaction, motivation and engagement;
- Deliver high performing and increasingly productive employees.
- B.A. (Social Sciences)
- Masters in Business/ Administration – added advantage
- Higher Diploma in HRM
- Entrepreneur Spirit
- Market Awareness
- Customer Focus
- Continuous Innovation
- Ownership & Commitment
- Team Spirit
- Minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience
- Human Resources Strategy Development
- Manpower planning & development
- Culture change management
- Recruitment management
- Learning and Training Management
- Performance Improvement
- Negotiation Skills
- Employee relations
- Performance and Reward management
- Retirement Benefits Management
- Project Management