12 months ago
Trine (trine.com) offers scalable, tailor-made finance for the off-grid solar sector. They do that by making it easy for people to invest in solar energy in growing markets. Their mission is to give people a triple return on investment - earn a profit while making a social and environmental impact. Around 8,400 investors have already injected €15 million into 26 companies worldwide. The investments have resulted in around 500,000 people getting access to electricity while avoiding 32,000 tons of CO emissions. Investors have been repaid €2.6 million to date.
Trine are looking for a senior leader to join them as Head of Investments. You will report directly to the CEO and will be responsible for supporting the Investments Team towards high performance and for Trine’s growth across its entire portfolio. This is an opportunity to lead a high performing team at a pivotal time in Trine’s growth.
The responsibility of the Investments Team at Trine is to source and assess the most bankable and scalable solar energy companies globally for debt funding. The team members are highly motivated individuals working independently and collaboratively, spread across different cities and time zones, currently Nairobi and Stockholm.
Location: Gothenburg (HQ), Stockholm or Nairobi.
As the Head of Investments, you will be responsible for;
- Leading and growing the team responsible for sourcing and analyzing a portfolio of high quality transactions amounting to more than €300 million over the next 2 years.
- Providing input to Trine’s company strategy.
- Coaching the team for high performance and well-being.
- Prioritizing the team’s work for speed and flexibility.
- Driving product development and high quality service.
- Taking ownership of continuously improving the company together with a high performing and happy team.
What They’re Looking For
- A driven and entrepreneurial leader with 10+ years of experience in the financial industry who likes to find their own solutions and make decisions in order to produce results, while making sure to always search for new and improved ways of working. As a leader the objective is to enable the team to be successful. Going out of your way for the team and travelling to their office locations regularly will be key in order to make that happen.
- An individual with world-class communication skills which is key to overcoming the daily challenges of leading a global team. A person that loves to engage colleagues in decision making and aligning everyone towards the same target.