about 2 months ago
responsAbility is one of the world’s leading asset managers specializing in development-related sectors of emerging economies. These sectors comprise the areas of finance, agriculture and energy. responsAbility provides debt and equity financing to non-listed companies with business models that target the lower-income section of the population and can thus drive economic growth and social progress. responsAbility offers professionally managed investment solutions to both institutional and private investors.
responsAbility Renewable Energy Holding (rAREH): rAREH is a developer of renewable energy projects up to 50MW in Sub-Sahara Africa headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya. It’s 20 people strong team of experienced investment professionals, project developers, engineers and E&S specialists are working on a sizeable portfolio. Investors include KfW, Norfund and NdF.
They are looking for a Head of Operations and Maintenance for the rAREH’s office in Nairobi.
- Management of the operations and maintenance for an existing portfolio of renewable energy assets (mainly hydro, solar and in the future wind) across SSA.
- Overall operational responsibility for all assets owned in part or wholly by rAREH.
- Ensure all Occupational Health & Safety and Environmental aspects in accordance with IFC Performance Standards are addressed during construction phase with a view to ensuring compliance during operations.
- Oversee the hiring, training and supervision of power plant staff.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring accurate and timely reporting on all operational matters to Asset Management, offtakers and other stakeholders.
- Participate in preconstruction and construction process of powerplants to advice and anticipate O&M matters.
- Overall responsibility for documenting and reporting on all government facing reporting requirements in specific countries.
- Structured identification and implementation of systems and procedures to ensure optimal plant operations.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring harmonious co-existence with local communities where rAREH has operating assets.
Skills and Experiences
- Degree preferably in an engineering discipline.
- Excellent experience working within the O&M of renewable energy assets.
- Over 5 years of O&M leadership experience in power plants.
- Proficient in MS word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience working in a multicultural environment.
- Experience working in Operating Assets in SSA.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken).
- Project Management and budgeting skills.
- Sound knowledge of IFC Performance Standards, in particular with regards to Occupational Health & Safety, and Environment.
- Management skills - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modelling, leadership, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Self-motivated with ability to prioritize workload.
- Good oral, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be able to communicate in a professional manner and in a pressurized environment.
- Minimum 10 years operational experience in the power sector.