10 months ago
Flare is a fast-growing startup building the emergency response of the future. Their vision is that no matter where you are, or who you are, emergency response is only minutes away.
In just under a year of operating in Kenya, they have the largest fleet of ambulances and fire responders on one hotline, have massively reduced response times, and have attracted tens of thousands of members through corporate partnerships. The early success of this network is largely due to the heroes that use the Flare platform: medical professionals, hospitals, ambulance operators, and firefighters. These are the partners who initially inspired them to build the Flare platform, and who they are now looking to further engage in building the emergency response of the future.
They are looking for a strategist, people person and public speaker. You are responsible for representing the Rescue brand to corporates and consumers. Rescue is the way that you access the growing and extensive Flare network of first responders through a membership service. They are obsessed with perfecting the customer journey and ensuring that they become a permanent service that you cannot live without.
They are a lean team of two founders, several tech and healthcare people, and a puppy. They are growing and focused on creating a fun, solid, and passionate atmosphere in their office. You should be a team player who is ready to join a small and growing family.
Ideally, you must;
-Love and understand unbelievable service. Until everyone realizes their vision of providing life-saving services through Rescue, you aren’t happy. They believe only the best service is what leads to someone becoming a loyal member.
-Only accept quality work from yourself and others. You take ownership over your work and pride in what you do and produce. You enjoy being critical yet tactful and helping others also produce quality work.
- Enjoy mentoring and people management. You are helping to shape the direction of the Rescue product and team and should like to assemble teams and guide the direction of something new.
-Love being social and are energized by meeting new clients, members and engaging with the public. You draw people to you and secretly enjoy being in the public eye.
-Have a background. They don’t necessarily care what, but they want you to be experienced. This shouldn’t be the first time you’re in a leadership position (in a big way). They want to hear about other experiences where you’ve started a new business unit, team, built a loyal customer following or done something impressive.
- Manage the growing portfolio of corporate partners and individual households who they have committed to providing life-saving emergency services.
- Help define the customer journey and how they ensure it matches their vision and values from the point of awareness to selling to providing their services.
- Manage the day-to-day of the customer experience and quickly learn what is and isn’t working to adapt their engagement strategy and overall journey.
- Work with their Medical Dispatchers and Sales’ teams to ensure consistency throughout their service provision and promotion and to incorporate learnings and feedback.
- Represent the Rescue brand through meetings, the media and public events.
Unity: At Flare, they believe that they are greater than the sum of their parts. Along with their ambulance company and hospital partners, and using the Flare technology, they can effectively service the entire country, guaranteeing better response times and better coverage than any one company could ever do alone.
Integrity: They make a promise to their partners that they will always be transparent and remain committed to growing their businesses alongside theirs.
Excellence: At Flare they aim to make quality emergency care universal. They’ve made a lot of progress, but it will take grit, creativity, and an ongoing commitment to being better than yesterday - as individuals, as a team, and as a greater network of emergency response.
Speed: In an emergency, every minute matters. It can save your life. They value speed in first response as much as in their day to day work.