10 months ago
MYDAWA is a technology based service that enables consumers to purchase authentic high quality medicines, health and wellness products. They assure quality and give consumers value for their money for medicine purchased. The service, a first of its kind globally, has been developed in Nairobi in collaboration with a diverse array of healthcare practitioners. MYDAWA aims to bridge the gaps between healthcare providers and patients thus improving quality and cost of care.
MYDAWA features a unique track and trace mechanism that consumers can use to verify authenticity of products from source, while offering convenience and privacy to the consumer. It also offers value for money as it does not charge any service fees, transaction or delivery costs.
The Head of Service Delivery/Insurance will be responsible for the Onboarding Strategy with the Health Insurers, Corporate customers and individual members. Handling critical communications with the customer, you will also curate and catalyze service improvement activities, both visible and invisible to the customer. Ultimately you will ensure the attainment of performance targets, high customer satisfaction and growth of the Insurance business: The person will:
- Lead the Service Delivery team to maximize revenues from the Insurance companies.
- Monitor the KPIs and drive continuous improvements and present these internally.
This role will report to the Managing Director. Core responsibilities include;
- Drive the strategy to maximize revenues from the Insurance market by ensuring that all current Insurance providers are driving the uptake of MYDAWA services from their Corporate clients and individual members.
- Work closely with the health insurer to identify the benefits to them, the Corporate customer and individual members so that appropriate and timely communications plans can be drawn up against each insurer scheme.
- Plan and lead all Corporate Customer and Member onboarding to the MYDAWA platform following the agreed onboarding process to include, but not limited to, PR messaging, use of email and social media, Town Hall meetings and 1-1 sessions.
- Leading, directing, organizing and controlling the Service Delivery team to accomplish specified revenue objectives with the Health Insurers i.e. responsible for the day to day management of the Service Delivery team.
- Obtaining profitable results from the service delivery team through motivational leadership, coaching and counselling, skills development and sound knowledge of the Company’s offering to the insurance market and working knowledge of the product and benefits to insurers, corporates and members alike.
- Managing the Service Delivery administration function through preparing of operational performance reports, streamlining processes and systems wherever possible and advising senior management on how to maximise business relationships to create a customer friendly environment.
- Responsible for developing revenue plans, expense control plans, meeting agreed team targets, and promoting the Company’s presence throughout selected Health insurers in the country.
- Assisting in the development of the annual marketing plans, specifically advising on: stretching forecasts for each Insurer (based on historical data, market trends, competitive activity, promotional strategy and sales effort).
- Ensuring that the Company maintains high standards of corporate citizenship and social responsibility wherever it does business by ensuring that all service delivery personnel carry out their activities purposefully, responsibly, ethically and legally and ensuring that all customer engagement efforts meet relevant regulatory standards.
- Responsible for monitoring the performance of the service delivery team by reviewing reports, analysing revenue performance of individual team members and providing the team and senior management with necessary feedback.
- Organizing cyclical meetings, email newsletters and electronic bulletins to keep the service delivery team informed on pertinent internal communications.
- Attends client service review meetings, with areas covered that will include performance reports, service improvements, quality and processes, client roadmap and update sessions.
- Setting individual sales targets and administering the sale incentives plan by carrying out periodic performance appraisals against individual targets and company objectives and allocating incentives to sales team members on achievement of targets.
- Carrying out joint field work to personally observe the performance of team members in the field on a regular basis so as to provide feedback for improving the performance both to the team and senior management.
- Providing high standards of regular ongoing training for the service delivery team so that they possess sufficient product and technical knowledge to present information on the company’s products in an accurate and balanced manner.
- Organizing promotional activities aimed at building the Company’s brand to the insurance industry such as professional CPDs, exhibits at professional meetings in line with the marketing strategy and budget.
- Building and maintaining mutually beneficial partnerships/cooperation with insurance industry professional organizations and key opinion leaders to leverage the Company’s products and brand positively in line with the company strategy.
- Personally, but also with the help of the sales team, track competitor activity within the Insurance marketplace to provide feedback to the team and senior management to assist with sales strategy development.
- Ensuring that the Company maintains high standards of corporate citizenship and social responsibility wherever it does business by ensuring that all team members carry out their activities purposefully, responsibly, ethically and legally and ensuring that all customer engagement efforts meet relevant regulatory standards.
- Responsible for monitoring the performance of own team by reviewing reports, analyzing performance of individual team members and providing the team and senior management with necessary feedback.
- Establishing an effective regular and timely communications plan with the Company and / or Board. Deliver (at a minimum) a weekly report and review to the MD of key deliverables and priorities.
- To assess the principal risks of the Company as regards to their Service Delivery approach and to ensure that these risks are being monitored and managed to ensure effective internal controls and management information systems are in place.
- to abide by specific internally established control systems and authorities, to lead by personal example and encourage all contractors to conduct their activities in accordance with all applicable laws and the Company’s standards and policies, including its environmental, safety and health policies.
- to ensure that the Company has appropriate systems to enable it to conduct its activities both lawfully and ethically
- Ensuring that all customer engagement and Service Delivery efforts meet relevant regulatory standards.
- To carry out other duties as may be reasonably requested from time-to-time by the Company,
- Board and / or other related parties, consistent with the skills and experience presented by the Employee.
- A goal orientated self-starter with an obsession for driving revenue growth.
- A logical thinker with strong analytical skills, influential and motivating with excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Strong stakeholder management skills and experience.
- Takes ownership of problems and proactively resolves them.
- A natural leader with a demonstrable history of coaching and developing others.
- Ability to operate comfortably a C-level whilst also able to work well with delivery teams.
- Demonstrates a breadth and depth of knowledge of the Kenyan Medical Insurance market and a strong network within this.
- Minimum of 1st degree and appropriate experience; MBA preferable.