2 months ago
Roha Group Inc is an investment firm that builds companies in Africa. Roha launches new businesses by leading their development from origination to exit, focused on opportunities that address latent demand in local markets with world-class technology, business models, and partnerships. Roha and its partners have invested approximately USD 200 million into building new companies in Africa, with more to come. They are active across East and Southern Africa, with regional offices in Nairobi and Addis Ababa.
Roha is investing to launch a healthcare platform that will provide high-quality, affordable treatment and services to patients in African markets. They are exploring opportunities across East Africa, including comprehensive outpatient care, world-class diagnostics, and potentially general hospitals. To realise this vision, Roha is looking to recruit an ambitious, entrepreneurial, and experienced Senior (Healthcare) Analyst / Project Manager to join the team and take a proactive role in analysing and evaluating all aspects of this new healthcare venture, contributing to and managing feasibility studies, business planning, and the launch of the platform.
This role is based in either Nairobi or Addis Ababa, possibly Dubai, with travel within (mostly) East Africa.
- Analyse and evaluate potential healthcare opportunities from all angles (market, technology, operations, finance, returns, regulatory, impact, etc).
- Prepare a business plan for the healthcare platform, including budgets, financial models, and project plans.
- Prepare and participate in interim evaluations and go/no-go decisions.
- Serve as coordinator of project development for new healthcare ventures, including managing contractors, liaising with key stakeholders, overseeing a budget and financial controls, coordinating administrative needs, and troubleshooting other problems as they arise.
- Participate in or manage development of an investment case, including profit and returns analyses.
- Support discussions with potential investors and strategic partners;
Successful applicants have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, think at a superior intellectual level, are flexible and imaginative, are high-energy, persistent, self-starters, are good communicators in writing and verbally, and will preferably have a proven track record of delivering on complex projects in challenging environments.
Applicants could demonstrate this by having:
- 5+ years of experience in roles that combine analytics, strategic problem solving, and process management
- Expertise in the healthcare sector, potentially at a leading company, consultancy, academic institution, or investment firm.
- Track record of delivering high-quality results on projects with many moving parts, including multiple workstreams, many stakeholders, and tight deadlines.
- Strong background in designing and executing analysis.
- Solid writing skills, experience in preparing presentations and strategic proposals, fluency in both written and spoken English.
- Experience working in emerging markets. Africa-specific experience is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to explain complex ideas simply.
- Advanced degree (MSc, MBA, MPH) from a recognized academic institution preferred.
This role will require the ability to work independently and take ownership of solving problems in rapidly changing operating conditions. In addition to being excited about building new companies in Africa, successful applicants will be intellectually curious and comfortable with being uncomfortable and have a sense of entrepreneurship and adventure.