Nairobi , Kenya
3 months ago
Founded in 2002, our client is a private equity firm investing in some of Africa’s most promising businesses. Through four fund vehicles, our client manages $400 million of assets. The investment team is composed of experienced private equity professionals with a broad set of skills in strategic consulting, M&A, and company management. The team, comprised of 12 professionals, is based in 5 African countries with offices in Kenya, Ghana, Cote d’Ivoire, Madagascar and Mauritius.
The Fund focuses on control buy-out and growth capital investments in market leaders and/or companies exhibiting strong potential for operational improvement. It targets companies generating minimum EBITDA of $2 million. The Fund seeks to invest in a variety of sectors including, but not limited to, consumer goods, business services, manufacturing, financial services, ICT and telecommunications, and hospitality.
The Fund is looking to recruit an energetic and ambitious self-starter with outstanding financial and analytical skills.
- Participate in the analysis of investment opportunities:
- industry analysis, macro-economic overview, financial models, valuation analysis
- Participate in the preparation of financial models and business plans
- Assist the deal team in the preparation of information memoranda and due diligence activities
- Assist the deal team in the preparation of portfolio monitoring reports
- 2-3 years’ previous work experience in a private equity firm, investment bank, strategy consultancy, or top-tier accounting firm
- This opportunity is ideal for a candidate who seeks to enter a global top-tier MBA program in a few years time.
- Excellent skills in financial analysis, modeling and valuation are mandatory
- Fluent in English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Soft skills: Autonomous, ability to take initiative, intellectual
- curiosity, analytical rigor, strong ability to synthesize and communicate insights, understanding and enthusiasm for profitable and sustainable businesses.
- Heritage/knowledge of Africa is a plus