9 days ago
LGT Lightstone is an impact investing initiative to build a global multi-billion dollar direct investing platform focused on scalable businesses that provide access to improved livelihoods, information and services for underserved consumers around the world or promote sustainable resource utilization. LGT Lightstone is part of LGT Group, the private banking and asset management group owned by the Princely House of Liechtenstein. LGT is deeply committed to building LGT Lightstone as a large and relevant global platform that can be the vanguard of impact investing.
Headquartered in Zurich with local teams in Latin America, Africa, India, Southeast Asia, China, and the UK, the fund focuses on sectors with investment opportunities in growth markets such as education, health, agriculture, energy, information and communication technologies. Their Africa portfolio currently consists of Copia Kenya, M-Kopa Solar, and City Eye Hospitals.
LGT Lightstone is looking to recruit an energetic and ambitious self-starter with outstanding financial and analytical skills.
- Support in the assessment, evaluation and management of potential investments to include industry analysis, macro-economic overview, financial models, and valuation analysis
- Participate in the preparation of financial models and business plans
- Assist the deal team in the preparation of information memoranda and due diligence activities
- Assist the deal team in the preparation of portfolio monitoring reports
In addition, the Investment Associate will play a supportive role in improving LGT Lightstone’s internal processes, such as strategy development and execution. The role will be based out of the Nairobi office, with regular travel within East Africa.
- 3+ previous work experience in a private equity firm, investment bank, strategy consultancy, or top-tier accounting firm
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a premier institute; completion or progress with CFA beneficial.
- Excellent financial, modeling and business analysis skills, conducting financial due diligence, market assessment and valuation
- Strong communication and social skills and the ability to work within a multi-cultural team environment
- Strong excel skills and proficiency in MS Office suite
- East African heritage is preferred