DOB Equity is an independent, Dutch family-backed impact investor in East Africa. DOB Equity invests in companies that will positively contribute to a more social and sustainable society and deliver long- term profitability. The firm invests in companies that are impactful, innovative and scalable.
The fund is evergreen with all proceeds from investments reinvested into the region, making DOB Equity a true long-term growth partner to portfolio companies. DOB is sector agnostic but has an interest in agribusiness, retail and distribution, logistics and renewable energy. See their website for their portfolio companies [link].
DOB Equity is supported by a team of professionals in The Netherlands, Kenya and Tanzania and works closely with its portfolio companies to create value.
The Investment Associate is an energetic and ambitious self-starter with outstanding financial and analytical skills, who is able to identify potential investment opportunities, independently assess their financial and operational performance, and support transaction negotiation.
The Investment Associate also has experience in company valuation modeling, and understands deal structuring (including equity and debt).
Post-investment, the Investment Associate will support the performance of investee companies (e.g., in building professional financial reporting, providing strategic guidance and crafting comprehensive action plans), working closely as a professional sparring partner with senior management of the company.
The Investment Associate will also support the Investment Manager in the exit process.
- Research developments in relevant countries and sectors
- Identify investment opportunities
- Draft preliminary reviews and investment proposals with the investment manager
- Analyze business plans, from an in depth financial, operational and strategic perspective
- Perform sensitivity analysis based on financial projections
- Valuation of companies through financial modeling and peer group analysis
- Perform due diligence
- Support the Investment Manager in coordinating the overall investment process
- Request and collect financial data for investee companies to prepare quarterly reports
- Analyze data and inform the Investment Manager on relevant developments
- Develop strategic plans and accompanying operational plans with support from Investment Manager, particularly on high-growth investment companies
In addition, he/she plays a supportive role in improving DOB’s internal processes, such as strategy development and execution. The Investment Associate will be based out of the Nairobi office, with regular travel within East Africa and to the Netherlands.
- Bachelors or Masters in Finance, Economics, Actuarial Science, Business Administration or related field
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience ideally in business administration, advisory, or finance specific roles
- Deep knowledge and experience in financial performance reporting across sectors
- Robust financial, modeling and business analysis skills, conducting financial due diligence, market assessment and valuation
- Strong communication and social skills and the ability to work within a multi-cultural team environment
- East African citizenship is preferable
- Commitment to DOB’s mission and goal to become a leading impact investor in East Africa