over 1 year ago
Azuri Technologies Ltd, a UK based company has been operating in East Africa for the past five years. Azuri is delivering a revolutionary PayGo solar power technology and business model to off-grid emerging markets, enabling users to benefit from clean renewable energy and simultaneously reduce their energy spend. After having sold over 150,000 systems in the continent, the company is in expansion phase in the region, introducing new products such as PayGo solar TV packages with receiver equipment and content and piloting in the solar irrigation space.
After having established a Regional office in Nairobi, Kenya they are in the process of growing their business in Zambia, building on the existing partnership with a Key distributor and resource.
Role and Responsibilities
The Country Manager – Zambia will have some P&L delivery targets and drive the growth of their products via a variety of models including working with their existing partner for financing/distribution as well as in parallel executing on external financing opportunities. The Manager should be able to optimise the ecosystem for financing, distribution management and last mile delivery.
Key responsibilities include:
- Partner Management – develop and sustain a strong relationship with local financing/distribution partner including supporting them in stock rollout as well as growing the business with them.
- Resource Management – build and manage a strong country team consisting of Regional Managers responsible for driving the performance of commission based sales agents. Implement KPI based reward system. Supervise the Partner resource for call centre and logistics management. Drive training programmes as necessary.
- Distribution Management – Implement cost efficient sale and marketing strategies to grow revenues in Zambia taking into account competitor pricing.
- Expansion of regions – As well as optimised resource and sales growth in existing regions, put in place a concrete plan for expansion into other regions in line with the financing available.
- New products – Drive partnerships with the necessary Eco system players to introduce new products in the market and execute other partnerships put in place by the Regional office.
- Financing – Assist in executing on the financing options for the product including with the existing partner, Azuri Direct and external financiers. Find grant funding opportunities and put in place necessary applications. Drive on ground Due Diligence with potential financiers.
- University Degree qualification, MBA could be an advantage.
- 10+ years work experience in sales/marketing, programme/project management.
- Energetic and dynamic individual who is able to think strategically, yet hands-on.
- Keen desire to make a difference to off-grid households in Africa.
- Knowledge of Zambian local market an advantage.
- Target driven, self motivated and good with numbers.
- Well organised, attention to detail, leader and motivator.
- Good at relationship management.