over 1 year ago
Fenix International is a technology company whose mission is to transform their customers’ quality of life through disruptive innovation in energy and financial services. Their flagship product, ReadyPay Solar, is an expandable, lease-to-own solar home system financed through affordable installments from just $0.19 per day. They use real-time transaction data to create a next-generation credit score to finance power upgrades and other life-changing loans.
In 2017, Fenix announced that it was joining forces with ENGIE, one of the largest energy companies in the world. Fenix will operate as an independent company within the ENGIE group. Together, Fenix and ENGIE plan to bring life-changing energy and financial services to millions of off-grid customers across Africa in the next 5 years.
This is a unique opportunity for a talented individual to join a high performing team pioneering the extension of financial services to the base of the pyramid. You will own the development and implementation of innovative credit strategies and processes to improve Fenix’s loan portfolio that work in tandem with our sales velocity. Through working collaboratively with our sales, product development, data and customer experience teams you will design, develop, and deploy customer-facing and internal technologies and processes to improve our customer’s repayment outcomes.
This is an opportunity to take on a strategic, global role in a rapidly growing and impactful business. Through improving access to inclusive financing we can help bring new products and increased opportunities to millions of customers living throughout Africa in the next 3-5 years. Your insights and decisions will directly impact these customers and their quality of life.
- Support Fenix’s mission to empower our customers with inclusive and affordable life changing products by shaping our customer credit strategy
- Work collaboratively with Fenix’s Sales, Product Development, Software, Data and Customer Experience teams, to create innovative products, processes and technologies that lead to needle moving improvements in customer repayment
- Critically assess Fenix’s systems, technologies, tools and processes, and identify areas of opportunity and improvement
- Collaborate with customers and customer-facing teams to ensure initiatives are developed with their needs in mind
- Manage several projects from design stage to scale up, training relevant teams when required
- Refine our underwriting and loan management processes to maximize customer lifetime value while appropriately balancing risk and maintaining Fenix's inclusive approach
- Understand customer’s repayment behaviour through quantitative and qualitative analysis and research
- Liaise with external partners, where appropriate, to explore collaborations within the credit space which can complement Fenix’s skills and mission
- Leadership and project management experience: we are looking for entrepreneurial candidates who have started or contributed significantly to a particular project or team.
- Exceptional quantitative analysis skills and an understanding of effective technical communication and data visualization methods.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills (English)
- Ability and drive to work independently
- Thrives on teamwork
- Bachelor’s degree
- Commitment to live and work with Fenix in East Africa for at least 2 years
- 5 years minimum work experience
- Masters degree
- Experience with MySQL and/or data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, D3, ggplot)
- Experience in analyzing financial repayment, ideally microfinance
- Education and/or work experience in East Africa