3 months ago
Our client is a privately owned Investment Company with diversified holdings across real estate, agri-business, manufacturing, healthcare, hospitality, financial services, fixed income and quoted equity.
They are seeking to recruit a motivated and self-driven professional to fill in the Real Estate General Manager role. This individual will be responsible for managing day-to-day operations and developing the real estate company’s strategic goals, operational policies, procedures and standards.
- Ensuring alignment of the department’s policies and objectives in line with the broad corporate policies and procedures and the group’s policies and procedures
- Identifying key business opportunities so as to enhance financial performance – maximize value
- Inspecting facilities and negotiating contracts with stakeholders (tenants, insurers, suppliers, banks, clients etc.)
- Fine tuning operational methods for the departments while improving the overall efficiency of the departments
- Developing training calendar and training methods which will determine information on various strategic action plans and reviews for the departments
- Supervising and managing the team, ensuring that they adhere to the company policies and procedures
- Preparing operational reports for the board
- Ensuring compliance with the regulatory and governing bodies – e.g. county councils, survey bodies, valuation bodies and advising on changes in the regulations
- Implementing necessary checks and balance to mitigate operational risks across all departments and to ensure the best interest of the company
- Managing and implementing new IT and Technical systems and software’s which can help improve the efficiency of the business by reducing the turnaround time to deliver business
- Degree in Land Economics, Real Estate, Survey or any other related field
- Post certifications is a plus preferably in Marketing, Real Estate Finance, Environmental Studies
- At least 10 years in a Real Estate or Property Development Company with 5 years in a managerial role
- Member of the Institute of Surveyors of Kenya (full member)
- Registered by any of the following bodies: Estate Agents Registration Board, Valuers Registration Board or any other relevant and recognized professional body.
- Entrepreneurial Skills