6 months ago
A fast growing e-commerce platform in East Africa.
The Sales and Marketing manager will be responsible for planning and implementing sales and marketing, both short and long term, targeted toward meeting revenue goals for the B2B part of the business. This role will be overseeing Kenya.
- Day to day management of the sales goals ensuring the business is on track to achieving its KPI’s.
- Managing and updating the Customer Relations document effectively with all appropriate data.
- Ensuring the business has an organized process for contracts (storing, updating, renewing etc.)
- Overseeing all marketing activity and ensuring it fits with the marketing strategy.
- Arranging for the company to attend relevant industry events and conferences.
- Researching potential target industries and customers.
- Develops and manages sales operating budgets.
- Monitors competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Guides preparation of B2B reports and presents to management.
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Meets with key clients and maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Coordinates liaison between sales department and other sales related units.
- Assists other departments within organization to prepare for B2B activations and programs.
- Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion (e.g. expansion of brands within a company)
- Reviews and analyzes sales performances against programs, quotes and plans to determine effectiveness.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Marketing, MBA or relevant field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or any relevant field.
- Strong background in the Sales and Marketing field.
- All round sales and marketing experience gained from a similar sized organization.
- Excellent motivational and leadership skills to inspire performance.
- Highly motivated with a genuine drive to succeed.
- Flexible and creative.
- Knowledge of current marketing trends and multimedia platforms.
- Strong budgeting and computer skills.