about 2 years ago
Superfoam’s primary business comprises of the manufacture of polyurethane foam and the processing of foam into mattresses. Established in 1983, Superfoam holds a strong lineage of being one of the finest mattress companies in East Africa. They offer a wide range of Sleep Solutions ranging from Foam to Spring Mattresses, Orthopedic Mattresses, Memory Foam, Baby cots & Fiber Pillows.
The company is one of the fastest growing consumer brands of all time. Over 4 decades, they have grown from a work force of 15 staff to over 400 in-house team members.
The key purpose of this role will be to drive the achievement of budgeted turnover through the effective monitoring of sales opportunities, develop strategies and plans that respond to those opportunities and drive sales activities. The Sales Manager will report to the Chief Executive Officer and will supervise a sales team (direct) and other staff (indirect).
- Provide leadership to the day-to-day operations of the department, while maintaining focus on the company’s strategic goals.
- Develop and roll out a sales strategy in line with the overall company strategy; this will also include an annual sales forecast and budget and monitoring to ensure on course achievement of targets.
- Coordinate all sales promotions, customer communication, public relations, events and the Company’s website among others.
- Analyze and report on sales activities to the CEO.
- Drive new product launches, ensuring that targeted volumes and revenues are achieved.
- Establish performance goals for all departmental employees, and monitor performance on a continuous basis, providing guidance, training and coaching as necessary.
- Work with the HR function, develop and roll out an incentive scheme for the sales team designed to motivate them to deliver and surpass their given targets.
- Develop and/or maintain and improve business relations with all customers that promote win-win situations for all parties.
- Seek out and target new customers and new sales opportunities, initiate action plans to approach and secure new business for the company.
- Implement, monitor and facilitate performance management programs and support staff through training, mentorship and coaching.
- Robust sales plans that are aligned to the business plan and support the achievement of sales targets.
- A highly motivated and incentivized sales team that meets the desired performance standards.
- High level of customer retention and improved customer relations.
- Growth into new markets and quality services to the existing clientele.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Management or a related field; Diploma in Sales and Marketing Management.
- At least 8 years sales experience with at least 3 years at a senior level.
- Good leadership and people-management skills.
- Excellent relationship building and management skills.
- Self-starter, high energy level with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strategic and analytical thinking skills.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Innovative, team-oriented, forward-thinking, creative, and naturally curious.
- Highest level of personal and professional integrity.