6 months ago
Climate Fund Managers (CFM) is a leading boutique fund manager dedicated to securing a sustainable future through impactful investing. CFM’s vision is to structure cutting edge financing facilities around core areas of climate change mitigation, including: Energy, Water, Landscapes, Oceans and Sustainable Cities.
The fund is jointly owned by the Development Bank of the Netherlands (FMO) and South African infrastructure investment business, Phoenix InfraWorks.
FMO is the Dutch Development Bank with more than 45 years of investment experience in the private sector in developing countries and emerging markets, and a strong competence in Energy. Phoenix InfraWorks is an infrastructure investment business with expertise in Africa and Europe and extensive experience in establishing and managing highly successful infrastructure investment platforms.
Climate Fund Managers will be managing Climate Investor One, a fund launched by FMO and Phoenix InfraWorks that offers a complete financing solution, from development through to operations, for renewable energy assets in emerging markets. Headquartered in Holland, CFM comprise of a team of highly experienced project development and investment professionals, with an extensive track record in implementing and managing renewable energy projects across global developing markets.
Climate Fund Managers are now looking to hire a Senior Investment Manager who will be part of the Transaction team and will be co-responsible for growing CFM across the region by sourcing, developing, negotiating and closing renewable energy opportunities.
The role will be based in Nairobi, from where CFM will operate across Africa. Reporting directly to the Regional Head Africa, the Senior Investment Manager will play an important role in the origination, execution and management of CIO projects.
Key responsibilities include:
- Business development with the objective to build a strong pipeline of potential investment opportunities.
- Financial analysis, development of financing structures.
- Risk identification and analysis.
- Presentation of investment proposals to the Investment Committee.
- Coordination of the transaction process through origination, due diligence, documentation & negotiation and closing.
- Taking up board seats in portfolio companies.
- Coaching Investment Managers through the investment process.
- Actively working with portfolio companies’ post-investment.
- Ensuring that best financial and non-financial practices are implemented.
- Honours Financial degree or equivalent.
- 8 – 12 years’ experience within Private Equity or Investment Banking (M&A, corporate finance or project finance), possibly with previous experience in a Big Four Accountancy firm or the Renewable Energy sector.
- Strong financial modeling skills and attention to detail.
- Financial acumen – the capacity to demonstrate knowledge of and insight into financial principles and processes and identify inconsistencies in data.
- Ability to apply sound business judgment and an analytical, pragmatic and creative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to plan and prioritize effectively: strong project/ process management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Technical proficiency (Advanced) in Excel, Word and PowerPoint essential.
- Intrinsically motivated by the mission of CFM.
- Invests high levels of energy in work.
- Flexible & dynamic – self-motivated, results driven, ability to deal with change.
- Highly organized and structured; logical and lateral thinker.
- Team player, with exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and add value.
- Excellent intellectual and conceptual abilities.
- Excellence orientation; concern for high-quality work.
- Follow-through; the motivation to ensure the highest standards of quality and productivity are consistently maintained.
- Fluency in written and verbal English is essential, French is a plus.
- Willingness to travel.