6 months ago
Kenyans Come Home (KCH) is a niche recruitment firm, focused on connecting senior executives with exciting opportunities within the region. East Africa is going through unparalleled growth, attracting significant investment in the region and many companies are desperately searching for high-caliber executives to lead their growth agenda.
KCH has access to extensive global and regional networks of highly talented and qualified professionals excited to be a part of Africa’s rapid growth. Our database of candidates have international exposure and training, yet understand the local cultural context, and are much more committed to staying with our clients for the long-term.
We are seasoned professionals who know our market and know the challenges faced by many companies in this environment, particularly high-growth, entrepreneurial businesses. Our growth has primarily come from within our existing clientele and referrals, and we strive to provide each of our clients with personalized, customized and exceptional service in a timely and cost effective manner.
Our clients are creating, innovating, and growing businesses that are driving impact across the region. We have placed key leaders within scaling startups such as Copia Global, d.light, Kopo Kopo, Bridge International Academies, Solar Now, Intellecap, African Management Initiative, Mall for Africa, African Leadership Network, Azuri Technologies, Goodlife, amongst others.
We have also worked with global and regional firms seeking leaders to set up and drive new strategic initiatives, such as ENGIE, Globeleq, Jubilee Holdings, CQS Technologies, Regus Kenya, I&M Bank, Horizon Capital, Future Hotels, WeldCon amongst others.
A key element for growth is investment capital, and so we also continue to support Private Equity and Venture Capital funds as they build their teams and capacity to deliver. Examples of some of our clients in this space include Acumen Fund, LGT Impact Fund, Novastar Ventures, Catalyst Principal Partners, and Village Capital.
KCH is growing and we’re looking for a passionate, driven, and exceptional Senior Recruitment Consultant to join the team! As a Senior Recruitment Consultant, you will be responsible for end-to-end delivery of recruitment assignments. You will manage client relationships, apply critical thinking and consulting frameworks to develop tailored sourcing strategies, ensure the delivery of timely and high-quality solutions for clients, and contribute towards building the KCH brand and team. This is a full-time role reporting into the Head of Recruitment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop deep relationships with clients and candidates based on trust and integrity.
- Provide insight and guidance to clients, and utilize analytical skills to clarify recruitment needs and communicate project timelines.
- Develop and execute on the sourcing strategy for new roles, including target list, sourcing methods, screening criteria, and timelines.
- Apply research and relationship building skills to find, contact and interest suitable candidates for each role.
- Interview and screen candidates against role requirements, to present clients with a high-quality shortlist of recommended profiles.
- Manage the delivery of multiple searches and assignments within a high-pressure environment with quick turnaround times.
- Identify and execute on ways to attract and connect with diaspora candidates; creating and/or managing on-going partnerships.
- Build the firm’s reputation and expertise through knowledge development and thought leadership.
You love people!
You are energized by working with people and delivering results-oriented solutions for clients within a fast-paced environment. You excel in solving problems using clear, creative thinking, and are a passionate, committed self-starter that is able to manage multiple assignments.
You love to learn!
To learn about people and how they overcame challenges, solved problems, achieved success, became leaders. To learn about what drives them, what their passions are, what they could bring to a new role, how they could help drive forward an organization.
To learn about exciting, innovative startups creating change that matters, solving problems through leveraging technology and implementing innovative solutions. To learn about some of the talent gaps and challenges within the market, and play an active role to fill those needs. To learn about the trends, gaps, and opportunities within a wide range of sectors in Kenya.
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- Have 8+ years of work experience in a dynamic, client-facing environment.
- Have the ability to present information in an insightful and structured manner, both written and oral.
- Be tenacious, pro-active, and able to manage multiple projects effectively.
- Have high attention to detail, with a track record of efficiency and strong organizational skills.
- Be a self-starter, committed and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Be passionate, creative, and someone that likes to work with a team and help others to succeed.