8 months ago
Kenyans Come Home (KCH) is a niche recruitment firm, focused on connecting senior executives with exciting opportunities within the East African region. East Africa is going through unparalleled growth, attracting significant investment in the region and many companies are desperately searching for high-caliber executives to lead their growth agenda.
KCH has access to extensive global and regional networks of highly talented and qualified professionals excited to be a part of Africa’s rapid growth. Our database of candidates have international exposure and training, yet understand the local cultural context, and are much more committed to staying with our clients for the long-term.
We are seasoned professionals who know our market and know the challenges faced by many companies in this environment, particularly high-growth, entrepreneurial businesses. Our growth has primarily come from within our existing clientele and referrals, and we strive to provide each of our clients with personalized, customized and exceptional service in a timely and cost efficient manner.
The Senior Recruitment Consultant is responsible for end-to-end delivery of recruitment assignments, as well as providing support to the team in matters related to research, sourcing, candidate engagement, brand management, and general administration. It is a full-time role reporting into the Head of Recruitment. Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Understand client requirements for new and open roles.
- Prepare assignment specification documentation and client meeting briefs.
- Develop and execute on the sourcing strategy for new roles, including target list, sourcing methods, screening criteria, and timelines.
- Reach out, engage with, and shortlist candidates against role requirements.
- Liaise with client and candidates to set up interviews and/or meetings.
- Manage the candidate experience end-to-end, ensuring they are kept up to date on the process and receive feedback at the end of each assignment.
- Identify and execute on ways to attract and connect with diaspora candidates; creating and/or managing ongoing partnerships.
- Share market information and client/competitor updates with the team.
- Assist with marketing and communications activities to increase visibility of KCH.
- Be involved in assessing and suggesting new methods to ensure an efficient, effective, customer-centric and innovative process.
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- Have 5+ years of work experience in a dynamic, client-facing environment.
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Enjoy working with people and understanding their motivations, aspirations and experiences.
- Be tenacious, pro-active, and focused on delivering on objectives.
- Have high attention to detail, with a track record of efficiency and strong organizational skills.
- Be a self-starter, committed and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Be passionate, creative and a brand ambassador for Kenyans Come Home.
This role offers the chance to:
- Learn about exciting opportunities and developments across sectors/industries in the East African region and be in the know.
- Engage with and support clients that are growing exciting businesses and making an impact in the region.
- Gain a deeper understanding of various functions and roles within various organization setups and understand the talent needs within this market.
- Communicate and interact with successful senior executives who, building your networks and learning through their experiences.
- Sharpen your research and analytical abilities and learn to manage multiple priorities.
- Get creative and gain experience in brand management, marketing and communications.
- Be a part of connecting candidates with their dream job and successfully meeting a client’s need for the right person.
- Work with an open, approachable team excited about your learning and development, and ready to let you drive projects you’re passionate about.